Hopscotch may have been hacked! 🔓 [Solved]

Whelp, I did it again folks. I created big deal out of something that was not a big deal at all

Original topic

Uh, ok. I checked notifications and saw that this happened:

That wouldn’t be weird at all if I had published that project, but I obviously didn’t publish that project. People who know me know I love Hopscotch.

So, I posted the problem here and you all jumped on the case.

A few minutes later, I went back to Hopscotch and the notification was gone.

You’d think that was the end, but it wasn’t. @Mindcool24 found a Hopscotch project in featured published 1 hour ago.
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/10qortb1i3
It seems weird that it’s there, but what’s even weirder is that you can’t play the project in the app. You have to play it on the web player.

This topic will be updated as more evidence surfaces

Here was the problem:

The reason:

Also, about the featured project thing:

Also, if you’re wondering how we fixed that:

8 Likes

(Wait, they send notifications for removed projects now?)

Weird, I got the exact same message.

Maybe it’s a glitch? I mean, “.” isn’t really something you can report a project for lol.

When I tap on the notif, it shows me this project:

I never published that. What’s even weirder, that project was published 310 weeks ago, around March 11, 2014 (at least, that’s what I got from some date calculator thingy). That was over a year before I joined Hopscotch in November 2015. And my username isn’t and has never been Me.
Maybe because the username was “Me” the notif got sent to everyone in Hopscotch?

7 Likes

Same thing happened to me!

7 Likes
  • I received this notif
  • I didn’t receive this notif
  • Accidentally voted/haven’t checked the app yet

0 voters

Poll for who got the notif

5 Likes

Something weird happened with my forums account. I got a badge for sharing a link for the first time when I’ve sent dozens of links.

When I click on that topic, it is deleted even though it was granted 11 hours ago (at the time of writing this.) I was definitely NOT in this topic and I did not share a link in it.

7 Likes

Check your HS account

6 Likes

My HS account is fine.

6 Likes

Check notifications

4 Likes

Perhaps it’s a weird glitch… lemme check a different account really quickly and see if it’s there

6 Likes

That topic is deleted

5 Likes

Whelp, THT would never code that. Unless they had a rogue or something…

6 Likes

Nope, it’s the topic the leads portal random or inappropriate convos to.

5 Likes

That is odd. Especially with how hs is coded it could be a technical glitch… what’s in the project? Post a link perhaps?

5 Likes

It is like a message with emojis that says don’t touch the screen or something.

4 Likes

That does make sense because I got flagged last night. I can’t even view what I got flagged for? How am I supposed to correct myself if I don’t know what I did

4 Likes

The notif disappeared for me.

5 Likes

@tankt2016 Same for me…

5 Likes

Now that I look on my account, it is gone

5 Likes

Something weird is going on…

5 Likes

Huh that’s really odd…

4 Likes