Hopscotch keeps crashing within 2-5 minutes of opening app

didn’t they fix it? or was it multiple bugs?

3 Likes

That was for a specific crash that was related to scrolling a long list of methods on iOS 15

This entire topic is mainly for crashes that could occur out of nowhere, after a few minutes of opening the app alone, on any iOS version.

2 Likes

I see.

1 Like

Yeah the crashing issue has mainly been to do with iOS 15. Just checking, have you updated to the latest version of Hopscotch yet? (3.48.3)

2 Likes

That was a code browsing crash fix. This one is different, and I presume it’s due to notifications but can’t confirm for sure.

2 Likes

Oh, okay.

Due to notifications like, how?

As in trying to retrieve notifications. Awesome_E can explain more about what this means in detail.

no, actually! that would fix it probably.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to prove it, but I think it’s when Hopscotch checks for notifications (happens every few minutes), and whenever it crashed for me (outside the editor), there was never a notification dot, meaning that Hopscotch was never able to successfully retrieve notifications without it crashing.

Doesn’t happen to all devices either though, and this assumes you check notifications as soon as you open the app to clear it upon first logging in if you have any. Although, the problem could also only happen if you don’t have any notifications, then you get one before Hopscotch checks.

that was a mouthful, hopefully you can understand

4 Likes

Steps to reproduce (thanks to @Crosbyman64, you might find this useful @t1_hopscotch):

1. Disconnect from Wi-Fi for at least 6 hours.
  2. Connect to a different network.
  3. Open Hopscotch.

Haven’t tried reinstalling app yet.

3 Likes

Adding on to this, the app will stabilize after a few days (if you remain online for those days).

3 Likes

Help!My hopscotch sent working.This bug happens at least once two weeks and it’s so annoying!What happens is that when the bugs there,I only get to open hopscotch for 1 min and my screen turns black for a sec,then the app quits itself.I don’t know how to screenshot this,but check it out.One time when this happened it logged me out of my old account,WaterRabbit9545.But now I use a new account.Please check it out for me,my hopscotch user is LizzyLlamaStudios​:llama::purple_heart:

5 Likes

There is a known issue for the drawing tool possibly resulting in a lot of crashing too, which we are looking into.

6 Likes

I think that’s a completely different thing since this also happens when you do nothing

4 Likes

(i can confirm this ^^^)

2 Likes

this happened and logged me out of EvergreenFlipFlop69 which was created in a weird bubble of time when you didn’t need a password, so there is no way of getting it back. @yuanyuan could you try and get it back for me? my first project on hrhlittleprincess has proof of that so i’m not making anything up. if you want more proof, check hrhlittleprincess+. anybody can change this in to Leaders Q and A Topic it kinda fits into two catergories. thank you if you manage to do this!

3 Likes

you can directly email yuanyuan@gethopscotch.com for that :))

2 Likes

Thanks @Tri-Angle for the redirect!

@hrh For this kind of account issue, you will need to email Hopscotch directly to receive support. It’s fastest if you email the Hopscotch email (help@gethopscotch.com). Then I would be able to send you a password reset link.

6 Likes