Hopscotch keeps crashing within 2-5 minutes of opening app

thanks a lot @Petrichor, this is exactly what i found but i have a great difficulty to explain it because my english is limited

@Crosbyman64 refer to Petrichor’s post instead of mine

Yeah, it totally crashed (tested twice)

Also, it seems you can save yourself from a crash by opening the same object without scrolling and closing it again, then opening the other object afterwards. Note: this might still make it crash for you

1 Like

yes ik (it doesn’t crash and it’s normal)
tbh i tested everything in every scenario before i tag yuanyuan

1 Like

see post i’m replying to

1 Like

I am now getting constant and consistent crashes with the app, and I’m very certain the analytics data doesn’t like me anymore.

It now crashes within 20 seconds, and I’m very certain it’s only gonna get worse from here. I am literally no longer able to make even the smallest change on my game STAR-LINK. The only way I would be able to is my updating it as a draft, but I know that in itself is forbidden under any circumstances due to the seed based features it has.

I am also very certain that reinstalling the app won’t fix anything this time.

1 Like

Have you tried logging out and logging back in? It removes all the cached images (THID DOES IT SAFELY, DONT TRY AND DELETE THEM IT WILL MESS YOUR PROJECT UP)
Also try updating your iOS to the latest version
Another good idea is to free up some space on iCloud and on your iPad.
If this helps just notify me and or Yuanyuan.

1. I’m only using 934 MB of 5 GB of iCloud Storage
  2. I’m on the latest iPadOS version
  3. Usually I have to uninstall and reinstall Hopscotch to temporarily fix the crashing issue. The only issue is all progress in projects including seed purchases are lost forever.

Also, I have manually deleted images (that weren’t mine) before and I haven’t run into issues with images being corrupted.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that seed purchases aren’t cleared but your project does keep clearing my save data.
Which iPad are you using?
Have you jailbroken the iPad or modified it in any sort of way?

1 Like

Apple iPad Pro 11" Gen 1 (2018)

It cannot be jailbroken for all I know.

Also, did you tap “New Game” or “Load Game” in my game? I have had issues with some features not loading correctly, but I have fixed those recently.

1 Like

I can confirm logging out does indeed clear all cached custom images in files, but it doesn’t remove screenshots from files.

Not sure it this will help with my issue. I have a project I can test it on. It’ll tell me how long it’ll last before crashing.

It definitely didn’t work in the slightest.

Here is a video to prove it:

Yes, I know it started upside down, but that because I held my iPad upside down while testing.

1 Like

has this been fixed yet
cant imagine how annyoing this is

I don’t think they are able to fix the crashing issues if it occurs with time. The best you can do is uninstall and reinstall the app. It will only fix it temporarily, and you’ll lose all progress (as in user variable progress in all projects) and all of your offline drafts if you go through with this.

2 Likes

no? i already tested it and it occurs every time! Check this post for a more detailed explanation

1 Like

I’m referring to a crash occurring within 2 minutes of opening the app, not the crashing issue you are having with opening objects, and scrolling, and stuff.

1 Like