Hopscotch keeps crashing within 2-5 minutes of opening app

I’ve been experiencing a similar problem: every 30 seconds - a few minutes the editor crashes for me as well. it seems to be fine outside of the editor.
iPadOS 1.15

3 Likes

I have a bad glitch. It is that every time I code on WiFi, I can code/play for 1 minute and then it crashes. I’ve tried updating the game, getting in touch (making a review on the App Store) with the Hopscotch Team, and nothing worked! Does anyone else have this glitch? Does anyone know how to fix it?

5 Likes

people have this bug:

I’m not sure if reinstalling the app helps or not, something was mentioned about it in the topic (I think) but I forget if it was confirmed/disproven

5 Likes

Hey there, I moved this here as it’s already been reported.

5 Likes

Almost the exact same thing happened again today.

Again, deleting & reinstalling HS has at least temporarily fixed it.

4 Likes

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: _ShevaKadu/inactive :|

What kind of device are you using?: iPad Pro (11-inch) (3rd generation)

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):

I entered Hopscotch as I haven’t been on for enough time, and I decided to debunk
some drafts, including publishing some projects I made recently.
Hopscotch has kept crashing each 5 or so minutes while I was entering and publishing drafts.
Here is a link to a similar problem someone had 5 years ago!

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/hopscotch-crashing/23374/8?u=shevakadu

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:
It may have started occurring due to me trying @Awesome_E’s shortcut

1. Enter Hopscotch
  2. Start doing something, like entering and publishing drafts
    ….

I expected this to happen:
Continue working without problems

But instead this happened:
It crashed

Here’s a sweet screenshot:
missing/video not recorded yet

2 Likes

I moved this post here since it seems like this is reporting the same bug as mentioned in this topic. Check the discussion above for some possible fixes!

2 Likes

Have you noticed the hopscotch crashing after 2-5 minutes Problem?

2 Likes

it’s literally the title of the topic

2 Likes

It stopped happening to me

2 Likes

Bump
I believe this has been fixed in Version 3.47.4. If you update your version by either reinstalling/updating in the App Store, Hopscotch should crash less. Hope this helps!

@ShevaKadu @Mouldycheese8 (also, happy birthday @/Mouldycheese8!)

2 Likes

Seems like I have the last version because there isn’t an update button, but it still crashes
But a bit less

2 Likes

I’ve gotten this too, although it is very inconsistent

1 Like

Hey there,

We’re still investigating this issue - For all of you who are still experiencing the crash, could you follow the steps on this document so that you can send us your crash reports? Ideally, we’d want as many crash reports as possible. You can email them to me to help@gethopscotch.com

6 Likes

@Yuanyuan, does Hopscotch.wakeups mean app crash? If so, do i send every Hopscotch.wakeups to you? I currently have 2.

1 Like

I’m not sure- why don’t you send them to me and I can see if they’re the right document.

5 Likes

I believe it’s

Hopscotch-year-mo.-dy.-<some numeral id>.ips

Example: Hopscotch-2021-11-09-******.ips

Inside that you’ll see a line with “bug type: 309” (what it was for me) and the capture time for that bug. not sure what type 309 is though…

2 Likes

sent!

it’s Hopscotch.wakeups thing (for me)

4 Likes

Yeah, I have that as well (Hopscotch.wakeups_resources)

Contained “bug_type=142”

2 Likes

@Yuanyuan pm me as soon as you see this post. I found when this bug occurred, where does it happen and how to reproduce it.

and are you sure it’s wakeups we need to send…? I crashed my app at least 10 times tonight and wakeups isn’t showing anything new… It makes more sense if .ips is the bug report.

1 Like