Hopscotch keeps crashing within 2-5 minutes of opening app

This seems to also happen when I log out, then log in to either the same account or a different account, whenever the one I log into has a notification.

1 Like

Oh yeah - I have noticed that when I crash and reopen the app, I have a notification alert, but the only notifications are old ones I’ve already seen. @Crosbyman64 @Awesome_E

1 Like

@Yuanyuan, @Awesome_E my issue got 1,000,000 times worse

It won’t even let me code anything anymore, even while offline.

This time uninstalling and reinstalling proved to be ineffective.

Time till crash: literally less than 30 seconds

Device Details:
Apple iPad Pro 2018, 11” (iPad8,1)

iPadOS 15.1 Public Beta 2 (build letter = f, most times this would be causing this issue, but I’m not sure if I can remove the beta profile without losing all of my data on my device. And I don’t have enough iCloud Storage to make a backup, nor am I able to upgrade my storage).

82.2 GB of 512 GB iPad Storage used

3 Likes

ahh that’s so weird! i haven’t experienced this yet.
you’ve probably already done this… but have you tried restarting your iPad recently?

3 Likes

Yes, but that always proved to be ineffective.

I have tried the following:

• Power Off iPad then Power On: didn’t work
  • Hard Restart (Reboot) iPad: didn’t work
  • Reset RAM on iPad (show Power Off screen then hold home button): still didn’t work
  • Uninstall Hopscotch: worked the first three times, but this time it’s not working

I can also confirm it’s not my internet, since A: it’s super fast, and B: I was offline

The only difference between you and I is that I am using a iPadOS Beta Profile. A potentially unstable one too.

1 Like

I think what I’ll try is copy my contents to my computer (as a backup in case my data gets deleted or device needs to be formatted), then after I get the RC build I’m going to remove the Beta Profile so I can receive the official iOS software again. Then I’ll restore my data if needed.

2 Likes

does hs jump out or the code is read wrong?

Crashes
Mine does this as well recently - it crashed 5 times within an hour working on project of the week

1 Like

explain?

(@anon68560021)

1 Like

The screen turns black and the app shuts down, kicking me out of the app and back to my home screen

1 Like

I’ll try to get a video of it

1 Like

kk thanks
not having the same issue

1 Like

can you tell me when it crashes? (i just remember having this two times)

1 Like

I can replicate it as it has happened twice since I started trying to video it

Catboxing my video now

1 Like

@anon82626866 @yuanyuan @crosbyman64

https://files.catbox.moe/q1ungg.mov

I checked the video for PI :slight_smile:

4 Likes

kk perfect
@/Yuanyuan, i’m also having this bug, but it’s not the same thing as the descripted bug in pm (that’s an other one). I have this when i quit and open an object too fast.

2 Likes

Yep, i’ve noticed closing one object and opening another quickly tends to result in this bug.

2 Likes

We’re working on fixing this - thank you for all of your help with the clips and sending me the info!

7 Likes

It ranges from 30 seconds to 1:20s. I got the analytics with the crash report, which I have sent to Yuanyuan.

And yeah, a crash means the app unexpectedly quits to your Homescreen.

1 Like

I just upgraded my software to 15.1 Public Beta 3, and Hopscotch is crashing less for me (lasted for 2+ minutes before I closed it manually. Usually the cap is 1:20s before it crashes every time).

When I was on Public Beta 2, some of my other apps (like GarageBand) were also crashing unexpectedly (far less frequent than Hopscotch, but usually my other apps don’t crash at all).

@Yuanyuan
@Awesome_E
Just thought I’d let you both know.

3 Likes