Hopscotch keeps crashing within 2-5 minutes of opening app

kk thanks
not having the same issue

1 Like

can you tell me when it crashes? (i just remember having this two times)

1 Like

I can replicate it as it has happened twice since I started trying to video it

Catboxing my video now

1 Like

@anon82626866 @yuanyuan @crosbyman64

https://files.catbox.moe/q1ungg.mov

I checked the video for PI :slight_smile:

4 Likes

kk perfect
@/Yuanyuan, i’m also having this bug, but it’s not the same thing as the descripted bug in pm (that’s an other one). I have this when i quit and open an object too fast.

2 Likes

Yep, i’ve noticed closing one object and opening another quickly tends to result in this bug.

2 Likes

We’re working on fixing this - thank you for all of your help with the clips and sending me the info!

7 Likes

It ranges from 30 seconds to 1:20s. I got the analytics with the crash report, which I have sent to Yuanyuan.

And yeah, a crash means the app unexpectedly quits to your Homescreen.

1 Like

I just upgraded my software to 15.1 Public Beta 3, and Hopscotch is crashing less for me (lasted for 2+ minutes before I closed it manually. Usually the cap is 1:20s before it crashes every time).

When I was on Public Beta 2, some of my other apps (like GarageBand) were also crashing unexpectedly (far less frequent than Hopscotch, but usually my other apps don’t crash at all).

@Yuanyuan
@Awesome_E
Just thought I’d let you both know.

3 Likes

I’ve been experiencing a similar problem: every 30 seconds - a few minutes the editor crashes for me as well. it seems to be fine outside of the editor.
iPadOS 1.15

3 Likes

I have a bad glitch. It is that every time I code on WiFi, I can code/play for 1 minute and then it crashes. I’ve tried updating the game, getting in touch (making a review on the App Store) with the Hopscotch Team, and nothing worked! Does anyone else have this glitch? Does anyone know how to fix it?

5 Likes

people have this bug:

I’m not sure if reinstalling the app helps or not, something was mentioned about it in the topic (I think) but I forget if it was confirmed/disproven

5 Likes

Hey there, I moved this here as it’s already been reported.

5 Likes

Almost the exact same thing happened again today.

Again, deleting & reinstalling HS has at least temporarily fixed it.

4 Likes

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: _ShevaKadu/inactive :|

What kind of device are you using?: iPad Pro (11-inch) (3rd generation)

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):

I entered Hopscotch as I haven’t been on for enough time, and I decided to debunk
some drafts, including publishing some projects I made recently.
Hopscotch has kept crashing each 5 or so minutes while I was entering and publishing drafts.
Here is a link to a similar problem someone had 5 years ago!

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/hopscotch-crashing/23374/8?u=shevakadu

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:
It may have started occurring due to me trying @Awesome_E’s shortcut

1. Enter Hopscotch
  2. Start doing something, like entering and publishing drafts
    ….

I expected this to happen:
Continue working without problems

But instead this happened:
It crashed

Here’s a sweet screenshot:
missing/video not recorded yet

2 Likes

I moved this post here since it seems like this is reporting the same bug as mentioned in this topic. Check the discussion above for some possible fixes!

2 Likes

Have you noticed the hopscotch crashing after 2-5 minutes Problem?

2 Likes

it’s literally the title of the topic

2 Likes

It stopped happening to me

2 Likes

Bump
I believe this has been fixed in Version 3.47.4. If you update your version by either reinstalling/updating in the App Store, Hopscotch should crash less. Hope this helps!

@ShevaKadu @Mouldycheese8 (also, happy birthday @/Mouldycheese8!)

2 Likes