Hopscotch isn’t a texting app!

Hello everyone!

Lately I’ve seen an increasing number of chat projects on hopscotch, they are really spammy because:

1. They usually have no code in them!
  2. Sometimes people mention inappropriate things!
  3. Role playing and texting just isn’t coding!

I really don’t like seeing this. Most of the time people ask each other where they are going and questions related to location - and guess what! People always tell the other person!

I think the hopscotch team needs to make a new project about online safety and about sharing things! Then they could send that project to everyone via notifications!

Maybe people will learn a thing or two?! :wink:
@894ers?
Waaait how are we at 22 members?? TYSM!!

21 Likes

Agree! You probably already know this, but the best thing you can do as a community member is to just report the projects or email Hopscotch about accounts. I agree with you though, and would definitely like to see more coded projects in the newest tab and hashtag channels.

16 Likes

I’d like everyone to know that I am incapable of that :+1:

Yay someone who thinks the same!!

6 Likes

I forgot you said that (whoops), but that also goes out as a general statement to anyone reading the topic, not just you :wink:

Yeah I remember making a project some time ago about the same thing.

7 Likes

Did this go in the right category??

7 Likes

I mean, I’d say so – it is a suggestion for the app that isn’t related to the editor. I’m not sure if this needs an entire topic, but it is something that’s important to revisit for a lot of people.

10 Likes

ok??

6 Likes

I agree @894 and @Awesome_E! I’ve seen projects that say, ‘Remix to chat with me!’

5 Likes

Omg! That’s terrible!!
How dangerous!
I am low on likes just so you guys know

6 Likes

I know right! In my opinion, I wish Hopscotch Leaders had power in the app too – that way they could remove projects like that, or give warnings!

7 Likes

Yeah! That’d be good!
Oooh warnings in hopscotch! There’d be lots of those given out if they were to be introduced!

6 Likes

Agree!
Some people use it as a social media to talk with others

6 Likes

Yep! ^^ Hopscotch roleplays are a good example of this!

6 Likes

Agree, back in my day you can just report the project in the top

5 Likes

Some people make a whole account for this sort of thing! It’s super wrong!

5 Likes

Your right

3 Likes

I guess I will try to report the projects that are texting

3 Likes

yes, i agree!

i’ve seen some role playing that people do except it’s coded art and text effects- and i’m all for it! but i really don’t like seeing text-only projects for chats.

7 Likes

I second this

90% of my following tab is people talking to each other through art projects

3 Likes

yes exactly!

2 Likes