Hopscotch is Not Being Used Appropriately

Hey all!

I created this topic to bring forward the issue that hopscotch is not being used appropriately.

And what I mean by that is, there are people sharing their personal lives on HS. For example: where they live (specific locations such as cities), what they’re doing right now, where they’re gonna go and also their social media accounts and links to places outside HS and the forum.

I believe (and I think we all do) that it’s very important that this should be addressed in order to ensure that HS stays safe and kid-friendly.

I haven’t thought of a solution yet but I hope you all can come up with one to ensure that HS is a safe space for all.

@/omtl

18 Likes

I understand what you mean but:

Its 154 weeks old.

There’s millions of people in a time zone.

Nevertheless I do agree.

11 Likes

Hey there,
good idea!
You can flag the projects too, though.
I forgot if there is an option called ‘inappropriate or’ something
Hopscotch could have if the flag project button doesn’t

9 Likes

Yes, but 24 people have already played the project and who knows if countless others have seen it or not.

You could, but there are way too many projects like this.

Does HS go through every single project that has recently been made?

7 Likes

No, I don’t think so.
Only the projects in the filter will get reviewed.

5 Likes

Then there should be some kind of system in place…

7 Likes

Thanks for caring about keeping the community safe! If you see an inappropriate project, make sure to report it. You can do so in the app by clicking on the three dots in a project > report. Keep in mind that with inappropriate projects, it’s best not to post about them on the forum (since they’re inappropriate). It’s better to report them. So, I removed the links to the projects from the top post. If you want to edit the top post after I’ve made those changes, just let me know!

14 Likes

Okay, I’ll do that next time.

I understand. I had a doubt whether I should or should not put them there. I ended up putting them there as proof of my point.

8 Likes

Yeah, @William04GamerA could you pls remove the whole middle part about the examples?

And also this please

8 Likes

In general I agree, but

Time zones can be really big. Sure, if you live in the middle of the Pacific Ocean on an island on your own or something don’t share that time zone but if you’re in a much bigger on, I think that’s fine

8 Likes

But sometimes cities have specific time zones that might differentiate from other time zones by minutes. I think ‘time zone’ isn’t the right terminology to use in this case. I’d say ‘time’ would be a more understandable word.

8 Likes

True, true

I’m pretty sure there are 2 time zones with a billion people in it, China and India.

As William already suggested, you can report these kinds of projects if you find any.

Cities and towns used to have their own time zones until people started using trains and it got REALLY confusing

15 Likes

i do strongly agree with your points
the Hopscotch app is having lots of spam and other issues
the ht are working to fix these issues

time zones are allowed on the forum but i’m not sure if they are allowed on the app

7 Likes

I think it’d be okay to share your time zone, there’s billions of people in most time zones, and the forum allows them.

That’s never okay (except for Hopscotch-related YouTube channels). I think there should be some kind of a filter that bans certain social media links.

8 Likes

Time zones are allowed to be shared so that’s alright

7 Likes

Yeah. It should ban links that are pasted into the project.

4 Likes

Yes, especially a certain site that ends with the word “gram”.

4 Likes

O my that’s um bad. But I do not put personal info.

Here is a link why

7 Likes

cool! :+1:

(i hope that kind of video is allowed?)

5 Likes

Same to I hope

4 Likes