Hopscotch is acting weird

hopscotch

I have a few problems. Earlier everyone's project showed as bird, but that was fixed. I have that cloud symbol in the corner of my screen but whenever I click it my iPad crashes. Next I noticed something in my drafts that I didn't why was there and when I click it, my iPad crashes.

why is the hopscotch stars thing there? Also when I pulled up hopscotch after it crashed a thing popped up asking if it would like to report a problem(of course I hit yes) Lastly I notced that some of the tabs are missing so I hope these bugs get fixed

To get rid of the cloud press the small cloud on the top of the screen
Also the tab are missing because the hopscotch team removed some for a reason that I don't know

That's right @Gabe_N the Hopscotch Team removed some tabs because people weren't using them that often for the purpose they were named after.

The rest of Ian's post is here.

As for the crashing when you tap the cloud symbol in the top right corner @TheAquamarineWolf , that does seem like a bug. Try pressing the cloud symbol on each project individually to upload them to the server first and see how that goes.

If the Hopscotch Stars project isn't meant to be there, you can try deleting it. There's a post on deleting drafts here if you're not sure on how to delete drafts.

Hey @TheAquamarineWolf! Seems like Gabe and t1 answered some of your questions, but, yikes! So sorry about that crashing bug! Please don't log out until we get this sorted, because you might lose your drafts!

Do you use Hopscotch offline? Do you notice if the projects upload automatically when you're online? What do you do on Hopscotch before tapping that cloud?

More info will help us track down this bug and fix it!

Hey @TheAquamarineWolf! Seems like Gabe and t1 answered some of your questions, but, yikes! So sorry about that crashing bug!

Please don't log out until we get this sorted, because you might lose your drafts!

How many drafts are you trying to upload? Does tapping the individual clouds on the project cards do anything?

Do you use Hopscotch offline? Do you notice if the projects upload automatically when you're online? Does anything else make the app crash?

Sorry for all the Qs! More info will help us find this bug and squish it!

Thanks for your help!
Ian

I git on just now and it was gone:neutral_face: I'm not sure what it happened, I didn't restart my iPad or anything.

@TheAquamarineWolf Huh, that's really weird! Can you let us know if it happens again, please?

@Ian That happens to me too! (The thing with the cloud!) I only have like, 6 drafts! And I can't tap the individual clouds, it just plays the draft!

Oh no, @AwesomeKitty! So sorry about that! Is there anything else that you've found that might help us find and fix this bug?

It would be a HUGE help if you had a minute to send us your crash logs. I know this seems complicated but it really isn't! If you can send us your crash logs, we'll be much more likely to find the cause of this awful bug and squish it.

If your computer is a Mac:
1. Sync your iPad to a computer using Apple's directions
2. Open a Finder window and select Go to Folder... from the Go menu (or press Shift-Command-G). A dialog box should appear.
3. Copy and paste the following into the box and press the Return key:
~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice
4. Open the folder name of the device you’ve synced.
5. Select the most recent or relevant crash logs. The name of each log file will include the app, the date and time the file was created, and the device, such as:
Hopscotch_2015-05-07-042617_iPad.crash
6. Attach the log files in an email to support@gethopscotch.com

If your computer is Windows:
1. Sync your iPad to a computer using Apple's directions
2. Open Windows Explorer.
3. Copy and paste the following into the address bar and press the Enter key:
%APPDATA%\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\
4. Open the folder name of the device you’ve synced.
5. Select the most recent or relevant crash logs. The name of each log file will include the app, the date and time the file was created, and the device, such as:
Hopscotch_2015-05-07-042617_iPad.crash
6. Attach the log files in an email to support@gethopscotch.com

Please let me know if this is possible!

@Ian
I thought it was a glitch but apparently not!

@Ian It's okay, I think it is fixed! Sorry for the trouble! :blush:

@Gabe_N, they removed it because some of the tabs were very crowded and crazy things were happening to the tab.

@TheAquamarineWolf, even my app crashed after I tapped the cloud thingies, after that, hopscotch kept crashing! I open it and 2 seconds later it crashes
I hope the Hopscotch team SQUASHES THIS BUG FOR GOOD

I really want to check if any new videos came out

YAY!!!!!!!, it's FIXED!

But, I wasn't on, then?