Hopscotch in a web browser

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

The ability to log onto hopscotch online, in a web browser, and create projects, publish projects, play projects.etc

Here are some examples of Hopscotch coding that could be improved if we had this:

If, for example, someone doesn’t have enough storage to download the app, they can log on on their web browser.

Here is an example design I’ve made:

An example design isn’t really needed

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this:

I think in scratch:

@Ana

6 Likes

We sorta already have this.

You can play projects, check out their code, and even code a little on there! But you can’t log in or create an account, and the search engine isn’t much better than on the app (the last time I checked).

4 Likes

Yeah… but the main reason this would be useful is that u can make projects and play projects with “username variables” not being “guest” or something…

3 Likes

We have username variables?

And yep… the search engine isn’t much better…

People with the beta editor do… that’s how the “username guessers” that are actually correct work…

3 Likes

I don’t have the beta editor so I didn’t know. And I rarely play any projects. :sweat_smile:

I don’t thing THT is going to create Hopscotch on the browser anytime soon, so I think ae’s Project Explorer is your best bet if you want it. Maybe ask him if he’s thinking about doing that? Although I’m sure there is a reason he hasn’t done it yet.

3 Likes

I second this

4 Likes

also I think there’s a plenty topics like this

3 Likes

Yes, there are.

3 Likes

Just like it:

One topic is plenty.

This is ae’s hopscotch web explorer topic:

2 Likes

It’s the exact same as the app — it uses Hopscotch’s search results and nothing else. It literally is not possible for my top search results to be any better.

4 Likes

Hmmm
Perhaps, perhaps
https://community.gethopscotch.com/categories/best_of/featured that’s only exploring

1 Like

Thought so…

2 Likes

I agree with this. Of course you could use Awesome E’s shortcut, but you can’t really do that on a computer (there might be a way, but it would probably be a little complicated). I bring up computers because having hs on a computer would be the only reason I’d even want the app in the first place.

1 Like

It depends whether the computer is a mac or some other one like dell or lenovo…

2 Likes

you don’t know AE’s builder?

3 Likes

Yeah, since Mac is Apple-based it would have Siri Shortcuts. But since I have a Chromebook which is Google-based, it would be harder to do this. Although, now that I think about it, you should be able to download the app on both computers. Which defeats the purpose of having a website. Still, having Hopscotch as a website would take up much less storage (I assume) than the app.

2 Likes

It depends mostly on the OS, not the brand
Like windows or OSX or Nothing

2 Likes

I don’t use it very much, but yes, I know it.

4 Likes