BIG CODING CHAMPIONSHIP
This is a really big coding competition hosted by me myself, @Cocoa_Viola. You will submit projects in this topic specifically for this contest.
Format and Structure
This contest will have a structure similar to that of a bracket.
There will be eight teams, each with 4-6 users. For every round, all teams will be provided with the same coding prompt. The teams will also have assigned competitors. This way, one team will be able to compete against another team. The winning team will advance to the next round and compete with another team, but the losing team will not. This will continue until the final round is reached. If your team lost one round but members of your team still want to participate, then you are welcome to do so, even though this will not count towards your chances of winning a certain place or prize.
There will be a certain amount of judges, as decided by the host when judgement recruitment ends. These judges will have to make judgements on every single project entered by all members of a team. The scores the members made on their projects will count towards the team’s score. At the end of a round, the team with the higher score will win that round.
If there is a tie, then the two members that made the highest scores for their teams will need to be challenged to another coding round (not available to other team members). The same prompt as before will apply, but there will be a twist. This will be used as a tie breaker. If it doesn’t work as a tie breaker, though, then it will be up to the host to decide which one wins the round.
Judgement will be based on the following:
The host will judge as well.
The ground rules for the contest are:
- Be nice to other users
- Any type of code is allowed (unless it is used to break the community guidelines on here and/or the app)
- No inappropriate content is allowed
- Do not steal somebody else’s idea
- No sabotaging the contest
- Always code according to the prompt
- All projects must contain a notice that it is a contest entry specifically for this contest
- Hopscotch is the ONLY coding platform that you are allowed to use. The use of other coding platforms will not be tolerated.
If you violate these rules, then you will be booted from the contest and your submissions will not count.
Deadlines are decided by the host. For the regular rounds, then you will get a random time span from two and a half weeks to a month. For the tie breaker rounds, you will get from one week to two weeks.
Prizes will be handed out by certain users who agree to do so.
(An official list of prizes for this contest will be added later)
If you would like to participate, then the teams we have are:
- Hopscotch Hurlders
- Kings of the Coding Dash
- Unstoppable Programmers
- Code Line Jumpers
- Programming Heroes (Yes this is a reference to @ProgrammingHero)
- High-Tech High Code Jumpers
- Hyper Hyperware Drives
- Self-Powered Programs
Please vote in the poll below to join a team.
- I want to join Hopscotch Hurdlers
- I want to join Kings of the Coding Dash
- I want to join Unstoppable Programmers
- I want to join Code Line Jumpers
- I want to join Programming Heroes
- I want to join High-Tech High Code Jumpers
- I want to join Hyper Hyperware Drives
- I want to join Self-Powered Programs
If you would like to judge, then please vote in the poll below. Select everything that applies to you.
- I will review each project carefully.
- I will judge based on what is listed for the contest.
- If I participate, I will not try to give myself first place.
- I will be nice when judging.
- I will contact the host when I no longer want to judge
IMPORTANT: Applications will be closing soon, so please hurry!
2020-06-06T05:00:00Z → 2020-07-27T05:00:00Z
Kings of the Coding Dash
Code Line Jumpers
High-Tech High Code Jumpers
Hyper Hyperware Drives
Go ahead and begin coding! Also, don’t forget to have fun!