Hopscotch Gaming Competition

Yeah you have to tap jump then hold the left/right since it uses one pressed rule (with Last Touch) instead of 3 pressed rules.

3 Likes

Sorry if I’m posting too many images but here’s my final submission:

1 Like

Is it just me or does it say “Skipp” in the original and “Skip” in the speed run?

1 Like

It does, and it’s different because I load the speedrun page off of a draft (cause modding).

1 Like

Whait am I actually winning this?

3 Likes

I’ll just post this now, even though you technically have a couple hours left.
The session is officially closed, but if you have a screenshot I will probably still accept it (if it’s no glitch)

GLITCH RUN!

(@Good-Es you should probably check this out as well even if you aren’t in the competition)

This was a demo run done after I got my best score, as well as a brief explanation of the glitch

Breakdown / Strats
  1. Loading screen abuse (Easter Platformer) – on computers only, you can use the arrow keys to move the player before the level fully loads.
  2. Semi-solid hitbox abuse – you can hop on the semi solid under the second egg in the first level, and that makes it so you can grab that egg much faster than going around (which still saves time).
  3. After bouncing on the bounce pad at the start of level 2, tap left briefly to get an optimal line for collecting both flowers, then hold right.
  4. End of Level 1A (segment 2)
    • Not very optimally done in the video, you can grab the flower and hidden egg and turn around quickly to save time.
    • Alternatively, you can jump and hit the end of the second bounce pad and collect the upper egg. I am not entirely sure which one is faster, and I could not replicate my best split with either of those strategies, though it is probably possible.
      peak-platform-a
  5. Ignore the first egg on Level 2A (segment 3).
  6. Make sure you grab the second egg on this level – don’t jump too early (or too late).
  7. Failed execution in this run: Jump after the X platform blinks so that you can have momentum falling down. Or, a more advanced strat and pretty tricky to pull off, jumping right away and looping around the X platform (before it disappears) is possible.
  8. Ignore the first egg on level 2B (segment 4). The rest of the level is self-explanatory.
  9. When Bear’s Adventure loads, the timer resumes. Click play as fast as possible. You can also press skip before the cutscene loads to do the cutscene skip, saving about 1.5 seconds. Side effect: invisible bear.
  10. As invisible bear, I enter the first level by pressing space as soon as the camera moves. On mobile, the “OK” indicator on the controls will still change as expected.
  11. Memorize level 1 and know that Bear is in the middle of the screen once scrolling begins. He should reappear about halfway through the level if done optimally.
  12. Build up momentum going into the finish line by pressing right while going up (not just coming down), then rapidly tap jump right before he touches the finish. If he jumps while moving at full speed, you will most likely trigger the collision rule that takes you to the end (the video shows the actual code in the collision). If you don’t build up momentum, you will not have enough speed.
  13. Continue to hold right as the black screen appears. On mobile, this will make you go forward before the room finishes loading. On computer, you must wait for the ending to load. (Remember that the Easter Platformer has the exact opposite exploit that saves about the same amount of time, thus balancing play between devices).
  14. yay.
  15. grind for better score.

My best any% time:
2020-04-23_peak_any%
My best no-glitch time:
2020-04-23_peak_noglitch%

I think we will do Dodge 3 next if there are no objections; compete for the highest score. Submit screenshots next Friday (2020-05-09T03:00:00Z) but keep me updated by posting scores (by text only).

After Dodge 3 = community competition badges.

nominated or played a game in this

@CodingRoyale
@FunDardo
@GweTV
@Legendary_Myth
@Nobody
@Petrichor
@RedFoxLightning
@Ren
@SilverSong
@TheDeliciousOrange

Dodge 3 (weird, this one doesn’t onebox even though the page has the info)
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/10uojpqzh1

9 Likes

That is so genius.

2 Likes

I didn’t actually discover it. Someone I know irl pulled it off, then I found the cause.

2 Likes

Oh ok, well still, that’s awesome.

2 Likes

Ooh I found a glitch in dodge 3.

2 Likes

Am I allowed to take advantage of it? because I’m at 6000 meters now

1 Like

Is it an infinite score glitch? If so, we probably have to switch games.

1 Like

I mean it still takes a while and a lot of patience but yes, I have 10000 meters.

3 Likes

Should I describe the glitch or should I just let people play and hope that no one else finds it?

3 Likes

Huh what is going on

3 Likes

Woah that glitch…

5 Likes

I’d assume questions are encouraged if you are curious about the topic:)

@TrueHarryPotterLover, this is a gaming competition by Awesome_E where people that joined compete for high scores on games made with Hopscotch

4 Likes

Okie can I compete?

4 Likes

Yeah, pretty sure anyone can compete

4 Likes

Ooh sounds fun

4 Likes