Hopscotch for Android and iOS?

There are a number of people who don’t have an iOS, so I think it would help both hopscotch and the forum community grow. Does anyone know if THT is working to make this a reality?

10 Likes

Yeah great idea!

1 Like

Yeah, a browser would be the best solution since it’s not easily limited to one brand. This would also men that when key is pressed/tapped blocks will be a reality

4 Likes

Odds are the app was developed using iOS’s native language (either Swift or Objective C… one of the two). Perhaps they don’t know how, but even if that’s the case, they could pay a third party company to basically replicate the application for them for Android. Various mobile games do that.

The team could be doing other things, maybe this just isn’t their top priority right now too. Who knows

4 Likes

How hard do you think it would be to remake for a browser?

1 Like

pretty sure Hopscotch doesn’t use swift as it was released like when swift was brand new, I thought it used Java but that was wrong if I remember

2 Likes

It uses swift

2 Likes

it does? huh, how’d you know?

2 Likes

Thought it used C

3 Likes

Yup, I remember hearing that somewhere, maybe in my first FaceTime call

2 Likes

*objective C :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

yeah I thought it used some c language

3 Likes

Uh…
Hopscotch wouldn’t work on a computer.
Ya cannot tilt a computer, am I right?
But ya, I’d like HS to be fully available on web.

4 Likes

Ik u can’t, those games wouldn’t be compatible

2 Likes

it would look weird (picking up your computer and tilting it from side to side) but it is possible

3 Likes

It would be super cool if Hopscotch was available on other devices than just iOS-devices! It’s probably not their most prioritized feature right now, but we can always hope that we will see it some time in the future!

3 Likes

@Fenith the title can be a little misleading-I though you were saying hopscotch should be for iOS only! Mind if I change it to something like “Hopscotch for Android and iOS??”

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a good idea. Could you change it, please?

1 Like

Yes, and thank you!

1 Like

There, I edited it!

1 Like