Hopscotch for Android and iOS?

It could have been created using Objective C then, however since Swift was based off of Objective C, I don’t imagine it would have been too difficult to switch over to Swift if they had started with Objective C.

5 Likes

Maybe we could ask a dev

It would be a fact to nutrition our minds, bodies and souls

3 Likes

you can include objective c and swift in the same program? or do you mean basically rebuilt the app?

3 Likes

I don’t think so, I think they meant that as they are similar languages, they just had to change minimal stuff

4 Likes

I don’t think you could include them in the same program, at least interchangeably like you’re likely thinking. You would have to rebuild it, but like @Rod said, there would only be minimal changes. Most of the code would look similar, with minor changes.

6 Likes

THT has been working on developing the app for Android since 2016.

I don’t think we need a topic on this for now.

3 Likes

Yea lol, clearly not an easy feat

1 Like

Correction: 4 years ago.

This is 2020, not 2019.

3 Likes

Sorry I forgot what year it was :see_no_evil: 2020 tingz

3 Likes

So a little bird :bird: told me that, e v e n t u a l l y , THS is going to make a version of hopscotch that is cross-platform and works on all platforms. When do you think that would be?

3 Likes

I … needz … hs … android…

3 Likes

It may take some time
I suspect android and Apple are very different and maybe android is harder to code on?

6 Likes

No ig

4 Likes

I think Android apps use an entirely different coding language.

6 Likes

Yup

3 Likes

Maybe different apps use different coding languages.

4 Likes

that was my point-so they’re probably trying to translate one language to another while still keeping up with updates on apple.

4 Likes

Maybe, just maybe lol

2 Likes

Could be. I’ve never made an app, so I wouldn’t know.

2 Likes

I believe it’s easier

1 Like