🚨 Hopscotch Downtime This Saturday March 16, 2024

TL;DR: Don’t use Hopscotch this Saturday 3/16 from 8-11AM EST (double-check your timezone pls)!

Hey Hopscotchers,

On Saturday, March 16, from 2024-03-16T12:00:00Z2024-03-16T15:00:00Z, we’re going to have maintenance for our server. We’re making it better by updating our database to a newer version!

Here’s what this means for you (super important!!):

• Hopscotch will NOT save any changes you made until after the maintenance. This includes projects, drafts, usernames, passwords, avatars, plants, seeds and anything else you try to do in the app.
  • :rotating_light::rotating_light:The app will look like it saved the changes, but after our maintenance is done, the changes you made during these 3 hours will be GONE! BEWARE!:rotating_light::rotating_light:
  • This maintenance will happen this Saturday, March 16, 8 - 11 AM EST. If you live in a different time zone, this time may be different for you. Please double-check! 2024-03-16T12:00:00Z2024-03-16T15:00:00Z

We know it might be a bummer to pause the fun for a bit, but we promise it’s for a good cause – to make everything even more awesome when we’re back. We will send you an email and in-app notification when everything is back again!

Got any questions or just want to say hi? Send us an email at hello@gethopscotch.com

Happy Hopscotching, and have a fantastic day!

Cheers,
Yuanyuan

20 Likes

first reply!
probably will not be on at that time, but I may be

4 Likes

Thank you for this reminder! Because I double checked my timezone, on your recommendation, I learned that it recently changed! That does explain why I have been sleeping so much later than usual lately!

13 Likes

Just in case you didn’t see this line:

BEWARE!! The app will look like it works and saves everything you made but after we’re done, everything you did during maintenance will be GONE!! We can’t retrieve it for you afterward!!!

13 Likes

Luckily for me, I’ll most likely be sleeping… yeah, I sleep in quite late…

4 Likes

What’s up with the emojis recently, like what’s going on in the title
Edit: was in the title

6 Likes

It’s bug I skipped a space!

7 Likes

It’s always good to keep your database up to date…

5 Likes

Android compatibility pls :pleading_face:

4 Likes

lol I’ll probably be asleep still

4 Likes

Will projects made offline save if we go back online after?

3 Likes

Im pretty sure even if its offline it doesn’t save

3 Likes

I’m not so sure

3 Likes

I think it should be ok, though I’m not sure exactly how sync works so just be careful

3 Likes

I’m gonna be traveling all day Saturday. No internet. I’m assuming that even if I modified stuff after this time period, it still won’t save until I am back online again?

4 Likes

Nice, I get to skip this :]

3 Likes

Yeah if you’re online there should not be any noticeable difference

3 Likes

Wait will the forum be accessible?

2 Likes