Hopscotch Database Betatesting

I’m creating something I am calling the “Hopscotch Database.” It’ll have all sorts of (non-PI, non-CoF, etc.) information about Hopscotch, hopscotchers, the tabs, and the forum! It’ll also raise awareness of said forum.

Do you want to beta?
  • I would like to, yes.
  • No thanks.
  • Idk, I accidentally voted.

0 voters

For starters, I’m going to compile basic information about all the Hopscotchers who want to be included. No PI please, and you certainly don’t have to answer every single question in detail (or at all).

Sample Questions

1a) What is your username on the forum?
1b) How did you come up with it?
1c) Do you have any preferred nicknames on the forum? What are they?
1d) How did you find out about the forum?
2a) What is your username on the app?
2b) How did you come up with it?
2c) Do you have any preferred nicknames on the app? What are they?
2d) How did you find out about Hopscotch?
3) When did you start hopscotching?
5) What is your favorite thing to code?
6a) What is your favorite project that you made?
6b) What is your favorite project that someone else made?
9) What are your hobbies? What do you enjoy doing?

Please remember that these are just sample questions, and you only have to answer the ones you are comfortable answering. Or you can come up with your own questions, or simply tell about yourself. Whatever you want to do. (:

Currently working on the draft for it. Ideas and help will be greatly appreciated, since I’m pretty inexperienced with the blocks that had come out of the beta-editor within the past few months.

@Leaders is this okay to do? Also should I tag pomtl?

10 Likes

Hi, first?

2 Likes

I’ll check for you!

project sounds super cool though - can’t wait to see what you can come up with :D

5 Likes

Can everyone please hold off on answering these questions and stuff until I get the leads’ OK that this fine to do? I don’t want to violate any rules. (:

Thanks!

5 Likes
4 Likes

Even if I can’t include the Hopscotchers bit (the jury’s still out on that one tho), I still want to do a Hopscotch Database. My ideas for what it would have include:

• A small description of the forum with the link or how to get on there;
  • The history of Hopscotch through the years (in detail), and some more technical information about it;
  • Some basic statistics;
  • Simple tutorials on coding and cool code tricks.
5 Likes
Summary
3 Likes

1a) What is your username on the forum? DogIcing
1b) How did you come up with it?
1c) Do you have any preferred nicknames on the forum? What are they?
1d) How did you find out about the forum?
2a) What is your username on the app? Dog Icing
2b) How did you come up with it?
2c) Do you have any preferred nicknames on the app? What are they?
2d) How did you find out about Hopscotch? School
3) When did you start hopscotching? 2016
4) What pronouns do you go by? He/him
5) What is your favorite thing to code? Trail arts
6a) What is your favorite project that you made? Exercise pro
6b) What is your favorite project that someone else made? Aquapark
7) When is your birthday? National workaholics day
8) How old are you? 9
9) What are your hobbies? What do you enjoy doing?
10) Is there anything else you want to say about yourself?

3 Likes

Form filled out! Also, @DogIcing has made a similar game to this, check out HopNet by Dog Icing

3 Likes
2 Likes

This’ll be way different. It’ll have lots of info about Hopscotch’s origins, the forum, ‘n other stuff as well and maybe a few useful tutorials (but no games or websites).

3 Likes

Ok… I don’t mind…

Sounds cool!

3 Likes
5 Likes

This is so true!

4 Likes

Nice nickname!

2 Likes

For some reason, this reminds me of tater tots… :potato:

3 Likes

Ok, i can help you with tutorials!
(@Leaders is it ok to make videos about tutorials? - I will make them unlisted and also turn off coments off)

3 Likes

I can’t have images since I don’t have the beta, so my idea for tutorials would be to have a step-by-step guide with trail art blocks. And it’ll just be very simple things, most likely. I’ll appreciate all the help I can get.

Oh—and I’ll probably have info on the different blocks in HS, both in the beta editor and out!

2 Likes

just checked our resource for video guidelines - as long as comments are off and no personal information is disclosed (you might also want to release these on a channel just for hopscotch content, especially if your regular youtube channel has your name or videos of yourself/where you live) -
tutorial videos are much welcome!

6 Likes

Same!!

3 Likes