Hopscotch Crashes While Updating To iPadOS 15

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: JyeCreations

What kind of device are you using?:image

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
I was updating my 2nd IPad and I wanted to code and it kept crashing
Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Update a device to iPadOS 15
  2. Open your hs app while it’s updating
    ….

I expected this to happen: load Hopscotch

But instead this happened: it crashed

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

Screenshot wouldn’t load because of a error.

@Yuanyuan @Elizabeth @AwesomeOnion @Awesome_E

5 Likes

i believe that this is issue is the same as this one

because i don’t have bugs while coding and i am updating my iPad to iPadOS15

5 Likes

I’m currently trying to get the image

4 Likes

I’m not sure if tht has early access to ios15 or something, but if they don’t, I would wait a day or two since it basically just came out

3 Likes

You can’t open apps while they’re in the installing phase, and most of the time you also can’t open it while it’s downloading either.

This is intended iOS behavior and completely out of Hopscotch’s control. It has always been like this – just wait for the update to finish.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 13 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

What do you mean by “preparing to update”? Even if this is the case, doesn’t letting the update finish fix the problem?

1 Like

When you 1st start updating to iPadOS 15 it prepares the update files. It keeps crashing

1 Like

So, when it’s downloading the update in the background and your iPad is still usable, the Hopscotch app crashes?

1 Like

Yes that is correct, Will

1 Like

Hmm, that is very strange. At what stage does it crash? Immediately, or after a while?

1 Like

Immediately after opening hs

1 Like

And it works fine now when you have completed the iOS 15 update, I suppose?

1 Like

Yes, Correct Again

1 Like

That’s very weird. I think a great help for THT when fixing this is if you could export crash logs from Hopscotch. If you have a computer, you can follow these instructions:

Note: Do NOT post these crash logs on the forum or publish them somewhere on the internet for download. You should only send them to THT by emailing hello@gethopscotch.com. This is because the crash logs can contain personal information relating to your Hopscotch app/account.

1 Like

I’m sending it to THT Right Now
Sent

After you update to iOS15, does it still crash?

The system can be glitchy when your device is in the process of updating, but if the issue still happens AFTER you finished updating, please let us know.

1 Like

It won’t crash after the update

Great! I’m glad to hear that it works now.

3 Likes