Hopscotch Academy 2 - Always Accepting New Students And Teachers!

Cool!
I’m too busy to sign up though, but it does seem interesting!

You are not allowed to edit the top post without my permission unless you are a teacher. I will be starting my active lesson soon.

Coding Ideas - Active Class

Taught by @HopscotchRemixer

Class Description:
This class will teach you the basics of coming up with your own original game in Hopscotch. This class will have a homework which will require you to have a Hopscotch and share your projects on the forum.

:rotating_light:This class is only available for students:rotating_light:

Participating Students:
@CoderOfMagic
@Hopscotcher

Hopscotch Username (TheAmazingJello: pineapple:)
What kinds of lessons would you like to teach: anything not too complicated

okey here i go to be a student

I would like to join this class

Shape Art - Active Class

Taught by @tankt2016
Difficulty: Beginner

Class Description:
I’ll be teaching the building blocks of coding shape art.
This class will have homework, requiring students to have Hopscotch, and share their projects on the forum?

This class is only available for students

Participating Students:

Pixel Art - Active Class

Taught by @FearlessPhoenix
Difficulty: Beginner

Class Description:
I’ll be teaching the basics of Pixel Art, the art with which you recreate an image using pixels.
This class will have homework, requiring students to have Hopscotch, and share their projects on the forum?

Participating Students:
@Apricity
@CoderOfMagic
@Tankt2016
@GameCodingCrazy123
@Silverdolphin

MMEEEE MEEE

CAN I BE AN ACTIVE STUDENT PLEASE FEA

Yes, this is a complete sentence

Can I join this Fea!
I need to know pixel art lol

I’ll join this class!!
Lol I want to learn pixel art

Values - Active Class

Taught by @tankt2016
Difficulty: Medium

Class Description:
Ima teach values and how to use them in this class.
Values are pretty useful.
This class will have homework, requiring students to have Hopscotch, and share their projects on the forum.

Participating Students:

eh?

I think I will start my active class today

Clone ID a Lesson:

What are clone IDs?

Clone IDs are a way for everyone clone to have a specific set of code using variables. If you want to learn everything about Clone IDs I reccomend that you know a lot about control blocks and variables. This is a litghtly intermediate topic.

How Do Clone IDs work?

Let’s say you had a Repeat Ten Times Block With Create A Clone In It. If you wanted to make a Clone ID for every separate clone, add after the Create A Clone Block, Increase (Variable:Clone ID) By 1. This will make it so every clone has a separate ID. Now, depending on how many clones you made (in this case 10) that would be the amount of separate clone IDs you would have. Now, make a Block that would say: When (Variable: Clone ID)=1 Set Position To Self X Position+50 Self Y Position+50. Repeat this process for every Clone ID (When Clone ID=1 or When Clone ID=2 so On and so forth for every one of your clones.

Quick Tip: If each separate Clone ID takes a while to do, consider using a wait Block after each clone is created.

Optional Homework:
Create A Project That Will Make A Zigzag Line Across The Project Using Clone IDs and Positions

For A Project Example:

c.gethopscotch.com

Clone ID Forum Lesson by OfficialHopscotchRemixer

Participating Students In FP’s Pixel Art Class:
@Apricity
@CoderOfMagic
@Tankt2016
@GameCodingCrazy123
@Silverdolphin

I’ll do a pretest thing for y’all – your homework for today (due in 3 days) is to code a pixel art. Go on google and hunt for some pixel arts. Find one that you like and think you’d be able to code in the given time. Code it as a pixel art using whatever style you know or are comfortable with.
If you’ve never tried pixel art, that’s okay, just give it a shot. If, after that, you still cannot do it, I’ll help and you’ll be given another task.

this is not graded, it is just for me to see what you already know and exactly what I need to teach

Here is my coded pixel art

I has botched pixel art

Don’t do circles, it makes my eyes go weird with the holes in the middle lol

Wow 17 likes

Aww that’s really cute lol I don’t think there’s much to teach there hah.

Same with u Tankt but I could teach u a couple tricks.

And I’ll see what I can do abt helping with code organization and all