HopJam! (Monthly competitions)

drum roll :drum:

Welcome to…

HopJam!

So, you might be confused. HopJam is a monthly competition system, and each competition will have a twist. You have to make a project based on a them, for example, “intentional bugs”. The first challenge will start tomorrow (2021-05-20T05:00:00Z) and end on 2021-05-31T22:00:00Z. You can vote for the theme for the first challenge in the following poll:

Theme
  • Intentional bugs
  • Physics
  • Platformer
  • Small space
  • Opposite
  • Other (reply please!)
  • Accidentally voted

0 voters

Rewards may vary depending on the theme. For the first challenge, you have until May 31st, but for all of the other challenges you have the whole month to complete.

Tags
@pomtl 
@NOT_Rishans_Taglist 
12 Likes

Pixel Art or Trail Art
(The only thing I can win at)
1st

4 Likes

Maybe u could do a ___ but it is missing a key part
For example: a platformer without jumping, a tower defense without the ability to place towers.

4 Likes

Intentional bugs is sorta like my ongoing comp…but idk you can do whatever.

2 Likes

Good ideas!

Do u mean the procrastination comp?

2 Likes

Yeah, that…
Sorry idrc, you can do whatever but…

1 Like

Oh yeah, I forgot the rules lol

Rules
  1. Your project must be HS/HSF appropriate, obviously.
  2. Your project must match the theme.
  3. Your project must be started right when the theme is chosen.
  4. Your project must be by yourself and can’t be a copy (inspiration is okay).
3 Likes

Currently, intentional bugs is winning! But we’ll see if it wins :smirk:

2 Likes

Intentional bugs reminds me of that sam hogan video on ytbe where he made this cool 3D game. Wont be supprised if the topic wins

2 Likes

Yeah, “Grey-Box Testing” is pretty cool. So is “Game inside a game inside a game” and “Cells,” also made by Sam Hogan.

2 Likes

Ok (btw lgbot)
And if you’re confused, opposite means everything is opposite. So, if it’s a TD (tower defense), then you should be the attackers.

1 Like
Theme
  • Pixel/trail art
  • Miss a key element
  • I already voted in the last poll
  • Accidental vote

0 voters

what does international bug themed on? these bugs: :bug: or like these: Bug Report: Really weird collision and lag bug (Just randomly searched.)

1 Like

Intentional bugs are glitches in the game that were purposely made in that game. They could be anything from infinite jumps to being able to move while the game is paused. They can also be used for completing puzzles like no one would even think of doing.

3 Likes

Do you mean intentional? Also Crosbyman answered your question.

2 Likes

Alright! There are 2 theme winners! Intentional bugs and miss a key element! You have to include at least 1 of these themes! Both is okay! And the deadline is 2021-05-31T22:00:00Z. Good luck!

Rewards

1st place: 1 plant, 75 Rini gems.
2nd place: 50 Rini gems.
3rd place: 25 Rini gems.

And if you participate, you can get 10 Rini gems! (Rewards are small because the first challenge is small).

1 Like

@/NOT_Rishans_Taglist (sorry for the tag) would you like to be tagged for updates?

Do you want to be tagged for updates?
  • Yes, I would like to be tagged for all updates.
  • Yes, but only when the winners are announced.
  • No, I would not like to be tagged for anything.

0 voters

Also, would you like to judge?

Do you want to judge?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Edit: closing judge poll when there are 5 judges

1 Like

Oops forgot an “accidentally voted” option

2 Likes

You technically dont need that since you have a ‘no’ option

1 Like

Ok. I have some stuff I want to say about judging. So there are 5 judges including me. I’ll make a topic for judging that will be unlisted. Each time a new comp comes, there will be 1 more judge, and if you don’t want to judge anymore, just ask me. Judges can still make a project for the competition, but can’t judge their own project.

That’s all! (Also if you’re not aware already, the first comp has started!)

1 Like