Holiday Light Fight!

Hello Hopscotchers!
Welcome to this holiday contest topic!
No, this doesn’t have anything to do with fighting. Just an allusion to that show called the Great Christmas Light Fight, and this’ll be sorta similar.

So, how does this work?
There will be 2 or more teams, starting with 2 and creating more if necessary. You get to choose which team you’d like to join. There aren’t any captains or leaders of teams or whatever, and there can be up to 4 people on a team. I may even out the teams if they are really unevenly filled, like 1 person to 4 people.

Teams will have unlisted team topics. The judges will be watching those topics to determine how much of the team is working together, because they’ll be judged on that. They may use a collab account or trade drafts.

Teams can name their team.

The teams will be given a challenge. It will have something to do with aesthetics, graphics, and bright colors, hence the contest name. They will have a week to complete it, so naturally it will be a short challenge. There will be 3 challenges. The first will start December 4. After that will be a period of judging, ending January 1st, the day I release the results.

How judging works is the scores for each individual challenge from each team will be compiled into one average. Highest one wins!

I will be appointing 3 judges. I’ll be a judge too. I’ll make a judging topic at the start of the judging period or earlier and ask a lead to unlist it. If you would like to be a judge, please fill out this form.
Judges will be allowed to watch team topics. How else are they supposed to watch

form

How often do you come on the forum:
Will you have time between December 19 and December 31st:
Would others consider you to be a fair judge:
Will you adhere to the rubric:

Judging Rubric

Smoothness: /10
Originality: /10
Holiday Spirit: /20
Bright Colors: /10
Aesthetics: /10
Cool Graphics: /10
Adherence To Prompt: /10
Teamwork: /20
Total: /100

What Each Part Means

Smoothness: Are there bugs? How many? How big? If there are none, give a 10. If there are many game-impairing bugs, give a 0.

Originality: Is it a generic idea? Does it stand out from other projects, or blend in? Is it very similar to other projects? If it stands out, give a 10. If it is cliche, deduct something points. If it is very similar, give a 0. If it’s a complete copy, the team’s disqualified from that challenge.

Holiday Spirit:

This part will be finished later.

Rules are basically no copying, no stalking other teams’ topics, etc. Basic stuff competitors of most every comp are not supposed to do.
Teams in next post. Just ask to join a team!
Have fun!

@omtl

15 Likes

Teams

Team 1 (FULL)

@Sage
@koletsgo
@PinkCupcake8
@MISSION_IMPOSSIBLE

Team 2

@Four-ants
@Rodrik834
@
@

Judges
7 Likes

Nice

8 Likes

Consider it done

8 Likes

I love this show! I’m in

5 Likes

I’d like to join!! This sounds awesome

4 Likes

Ok!
Team 1 or 2?

4 Likes

Nice! Could I join a team?

5 Likes

I’m okay with either

4 Likes

Yep! Which one?

6 Likes

Hmm, I don’t really care which one I’m put in. Team one is fine I guess?

5 Likes

May I judge? If not, I would love to join team 2

5 Likes

Can I join? I’d be fine with either team :smiley:

5 Likes

Here’s the form for judge, I’ll decide on the judges December 3.

Form
7 Likes

I’ll join team 1

5 Likes

Can I play? Idrc what team I’m in, but I’d prefer Team 1.

7 Likes

Here

7 Likes

Here’s a judging form. Woulda joined a team but y’know I can’t really

8 Likes

@tankt2016 may I join @Four-ants’ team if she’s ok with it?

5 Likes

Actually there’s no team leaders, but yeah I’ll add you!

6 Likes