Hitting clear exits parameter

Your username: Mr. Incognito

What kind of device are you using?: (Also include iOS version, and Hopscotch version) iPad 5th gen on ios 15.5 using hopscotch 3.52 (the latest version)

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): i hit clear and the number pad disappeared

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. enter a block where you type numbers
  2. hit clear

I expected this to happen: the field to go empty

But instead this happened: the field went empty and i was kicked out of the block, when re-entering it now expects text input and i dont want to set position to monkey

Here’s a sweet screenshot/video:

is this intended?

8 Likes

Nice find
I never know what to say to these topics

4 Likes

i dont think so, at least it’s not very convenient

4 Likes

I think the reason for the iOS keyboard showing up rather than the operators blocks and numpad is because the parameter type is multi-purpose. As for the keyboard closing when tapping clear, that shouldn’t be happening.

I wonder if hitting CLEAR is also acting like the DONE key…

6 Likes

You aren’t obligated to reply, but if you want, you can state that you also experience the bug and also provide info that the op doesn’t cover

6 Likes

That’s not the behavior in question – the one in question is whether hitting Clear should cause the parameter to lose focus

5 Likes

i also think the behavior crosbyman mentioned shouldnt happen, but i believe thats caused by the clear bug

5 Likes

Yeah I think you’re right

3 Likes

I never knew there’s a clear button lol

2 Likes

but I have to claim first post

Thanks for the informative replying

1 Like