Hi, I'm new 😂🍩

Hi I’m new to hopscotch!!! I literally got it like yesterday so I don’t know much stuff about it except how to draw squares and backgrounds and change the color of different things :joy: so if you have topics or advice I’d rly appreciate it (๑>◡<๑)

I got on the forum because I saw a project about it and thought it would be cool to join ! I like how you can make a lot of cool fonts and stuff :stuck_out_tongue: using Markdown (I think that’s what it’s called lol I did a tutorial)

Anyway (that was kinda random) I’ll maybe see u around!

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

@TNHAFH we need to give this person info about the forum
And if your wondering @HystericalDonut hi I’m @Paige1212 and I’m one of the members of this club which is where we give info for new people to know about the forum
So first always create hopscotch related topics unless it’s a genral topic which is a topic that you can chat with people or have fun and other stuff
And next always be nice and kind
And if you want to know any other rules feel free to check out the community guidelines
Link: Community Guidelines

Same here fren! Also I posted stuff like two days ago and it didn’t post until now! I still don’t even know what to doooo

Hello there, and welcome to the forum!

If you need any help, tag me @HappyDolphin!

Here are the ranks!

@trust_level_0: The starting level for everyone!
@trust_level_1: You can get this easily!
@trust_level_2: Member! Be active for a few weeks and you can get this. You get some more features and some more likes.
@trust_level_3: Regular! This is very tough! You need to be on for 50 days within a 100 day timeframe, and read 20k posts! You also need to not be suspended for a certain amount of time, and not have too many flags!
@trust_level_4: Only the Hopscotch Team can have this at the time. :slight_smile:

Always remember to ask for help when you need it, and have fun!

Oh, also, here are the community guidelines, the rules of the forum!

See you around!

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Please make sure to keep all topics related to HS

To tag someone just simply do this: @Lisa1045

If you want to chat with other people make a general topic
It’s a chat topic and you don’t have to relate to HS

If you ever need help just tag me! :3

Cool!! Nice to meet you

Yeah that was kind of weird :// how a moderator had to approve our posts first but oh well

@Gobli09 @Paige1212 @HappyDolphin @Lisa1045 tysm for the info!!

no prob!

Hello. I’m Kitty4U, you can call me Cure Joker too. You may see me around, heh. Welcome.
Don’t get lost.

Hello and welcome to the forum! The fonts and texts here are really cool, like you said!

Welcome @HystericalDonut to the wonderful Hopscotch forum! Here you can make friends, collab, get help with code, and help with other people’s code. I hope you enjoy it here. If you have an HS account please tell me and I’ll check it out.

It was really weird… i don’t like that part…

Hi! I’m @KoalaKrazy, your friendly and funny koala that is always happy.

Hi! Welcome!

It's a delight to have new forumers come! To get started, browse through some of the topics that have already been created to see what the forum is all about.

Things to remember about topics

Since you've made this topic, you know how to create a topic -- that's good news! Creating topics gives you the power to ask questions about coding! You can also make clubs and collaborations, and get feedback or help with your projects. There *are* guidelines for making topics, though -- here are the main ones, to set you in the right direction.
  • Always make topics relating to
    *or hopscotch
  • If you like to get input on your projects, consider making a topic specifically for that, versus making a new topic each time that you want to get suggestions
  • SBYP, or search before you post. Sometimes when you have a question, it has already been answered! Try searching through topics by clicking the :mag: icon up at the top of the page.

How to be a helpful Hopscotcher

When you are on other people's topics -- whether you are helping them out or simply chatting with others (or even learning from others), remember to always be cordial and kind. Even if someone disagrees with you, be respectful of their opinion, and discuss civilly, not irrationally or heatedly. Also, remember to keep your discussion on-topic -- if you're in a coding collaboration, remember to only discuss that coding collaboration, not anything else. Same goes for any other topic.

Places to go when you don't have any ideas for what to code

Sometimes, no matter how great a coder you are, you just don't have any ideas of *what* to make! In that case, check out these links.

Rawrbear’s list is an impressively long source of inspiration!

My list is one that anyone can add to – it’s constantly changing.

This is Work_kids_coding’s topic of creativity – it has a lot of fun things other than coding ideas!

Forum abbreviations

• OMTL: Official Mass Tag List
  • THT: The Hopscotch Team
  • WIP: Work In Progress
  • AI: Artificial Intelligence
  • RN: Right Now
  • IRL: In Real Life

hi. remember to stay related to Hopscotch when making new topics
and use the links other people gave you, they are really useful

Wow thanks everyone you guys r so nice!!! (I would tag you all but tbh that would prolly just be annoying ya)

some of u mentioned collabs but how do u make one? Are there any rules for those??

Collabs are pretty easy to put together! Generally, here are the steps -

1. Choose whether you want it to be a collab account (where everyone knows the password to one account) or a draft-trading collab (where you remix off of one account or one another)
  2. Make a topic on the forum telling about the collab
  3. Share the password if it is a collab account
  4. Decide what you want to make – talk this over with your collab-mates

If you are stuck on what to make, try being a themed collab, where you make projects based upon a certain theme.
Here are some rules – but they’re pretty much just the hopscotch rules:

• never be inappropriate
  • even if you have conflicting opinions, always be civil
  • if someone hacks the collab account, simply move to another one and tell people the password one at a time
  • don’t share the password to the collab account with anyone – only people who you can trust

I hope that you have fun in your collab!