Hey everyone :D

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum, and I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is SpectralSpace. I love math, drawing, soccer, and coding! I'm 12 years old, and I'm new to both Hopscotch and the forum. Do you guys have any tips for getting started with either?

Sidenote: I'm not sure this is the right category, but it didn't fit into bugs or collabs, so I just picked the first option...

Hello, @SpectralSpace! Welcome to the Forum! :D

im a noob here too so we can all be in the same boat together

But I do know some basic things:

1) @ someone by putting an "@" in front of their username. It sends a notification to them.
2) Help With Code is basically the default setting, so you're totally fine.
3) Everyone's equals here. So feel free to ask questions, laugh, joke, etc.. There are some really, really good coders on here, and it's awesome being able to talk to them in person—talkingabout code is basically the purpose of this Forum!

I think you have a basic grasp of how Topics work, so I won't explain them.

There are some fun/game/laugh/talk topics, I'll get the links in a second!

So... yeah! Ask questions, talk, and happy Hopscotching! :D

Hey @SpectralSpace!! I am glad that you found HS and HF (the abbreviations for Hopscotch and Hopscotch Forum​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). You can "@" me when every you want like this: @CodePerfect and I will try to respond!! Also HS is a fun community that I absolutely LOVE!! It's AWESOME!! There is fun games and other projects!! If you want to find me on HS then type in the search bar CodePerfect I will be the first one!!

Hi, welcome! XiaoMiaoMi and CodePerfect already explained some stuff, so all I have to say is you should click on this text because it will lead you to a Hopscotch Forum tutorial :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome! :blush:

Welcome @SpectralSpace!

Tag me anytime you want help like so! "@KVJ"!

Here's a good topic to check out!

Hi!
Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to Hopscotch and the forum!
After you reach 12 hours of read time, you'll get more abilities!
A few days ago, THT (the Hopscotch team) stopped allowing Hopscotchers to control the forum. You'll probably see a lot of topics about that.
Communication outside of the forum between Hopscotchers who don't know each other in real life, even if they find each other by accident, is unfairly prohibited, so don't share any personal information at all or you might get permanently banned from the forum.

I did that when I started. There should be a category for these topics.

Hello!

Any time you need help tag me! Like this: @bluedogmc-official

Welcome!

Hi, welcome to the forum! The forum is a great place to get help and share ideas with friends! If you don't have any HS friends yet, I'm sure you will make lots!

Here are some things the forum is good for:
• Getting help
• Colaberating with other Hopscotchers
• Sharing your HS projects
• Connecting with other Hops / making friends
• Learning new coding skills
• Getting ideas for projects
And sooo much more! Anyone else have anything to add to the list? :smiley:

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum, and I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is SpectralSpace.

Hi!

I love math, drawing, soccer, and coding!

Me too (pretty much!)

I'm 12 years old, and I'm new to both Hopscotch and the forum. Do you guys have any tips for getting started with either?

Hmm. Stay positive, and don't be afraid to ask for help. Many people here = many helpers who are very nice, if weird.

Sidenote: I'm not sure this is the right category, but it didn't fit into bugs or collabs, so I just picked the first option...

Absolutely fine

Can we be friends?

Being crazy
:stuck_out_tongue:

Or find out about things, like with beta updates

You can share your age, country and state, first name, gender, and Hopscotch name though. :slight_smile:

oh wow look at me im a big girl now I used the slight_smile emoji

You can't share your location. You can share some information about your location, like your continent.

I like to use the :wink: emoji :wink:

HII! :D

Welcome to the crazy world of the forum! :D

That's because those aren't personal info :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apart from location :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi! Welcome to the forum! If you need any help, just @ me like this: @Dude73 and I'll try my very best to help! :smile:

@thePickle @KVJ Oh yeah thanks, I edited it