Help with Winter Project (basically Trains and 3D)

Also
I need some code help (@CodeHelp)

This is my latest WIP, but there are a couple things looking at the future that I need help with…

1. I think I have this covered buttttt if you use the red circle and drag it, it will change the speed of the snowman running. This will increase the longer you’re alive for. This may be problematic in the implementation of obstacles and trains, which brings me on to my next point.
  2. Trains. 3D and moving. Two of my worst enemies. How to code them I have absolutely no idea, they are the thing that i am most worried about right now in the development of Gonzalo Sledders.
  3. The police officer guy. He might be as problematic as the trains are, he has to appear when Gonzalo stumbles, or trips, or bumps into the side of a train. He also has to be there at the start of the game.
  4. Power ups. In the game Subway Surfers in which my game is based on, there are several powerups which give you powers such as super leap, or coin magnet. I’m not 100% sure how to code either of these so…

If you have any ideas, please tag me!
If you read the whole thing, then you must be really patient

16 Likes

I might have ideas but give me a lil bit I just got home from lunch and I need a nap

4 Likes

How long should they be? Are you okay with using flat trains or do you want to use multiple layers of objects per clone or something similar so that they can move in the same way as the track?

@Leaders this conversation should be in a new topic

7 Likes

I could make it a new topic… umm the length of the trains should be kinda small, and I want it to be kinda realistic, so I think that the 2nd option would work as well.

3 Likes

Let’s wait for leaders so that the current posts wouldn’t need to be redone.

Well then what you should do is figure out how you want the trains to be 3d. The most obvious option that I can think of is having layers of clones. What you need to do first if you go with this is figure out how you want to send the trains: do you want multiple coming at the same time on different tracks or only one at a time?
If you want multiple at once, the easiest thing would be putting most of the train code in a custom rule which is used in three objects. Each object creates the trains for a single track.

8 Likes

I’m up!
TDO if you want I can work on the part with the policeman.
What charchter do you want the policeman to be

3 Likes

Here’s a new topic.

Feel free to change the title and stuff

6 Likes

@TheDeliciousOrange need help?

3 Likes

@AstrosUwU
Hi I just got back on.
I plan on doing the policeman later on when I finish the trains, and obstacles

4 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Okay. If you need help with that I can do it

4 Likes

I most definitely will need help.

4 Likes

No problemo

5 Likes

I think the layers of clones should work.

4 Likes

Well once you figure out how you’re going to create each train, you should be able to adjust the amounts. You can do this to figure out how many clones are necessary for the length you want.

4 Likes

I can help.

3 Likes

K so I have ANOTHER dilemma sigh
Well the speed of the game increases the farther you go so it’s harder to progress. Buttt as the speed of the game increases the snowman has to jump faster. But I tried experimenting with code and he ended up just jumping higher…I’ll post a link I a sec

2 Likes

Move the red circle to increase the game speed

2 Likes

Do you mean for jump height and set jump height to begin with the same value? If I’m not mistaken it makes the repeat always happen 19 times.

4 Likes

Well the jump height changes based on how high you are in the jump
But set jump height doesn’t change during the jump

2 Likes