Help with physics in a top-down game

Yeah, sorry I’ve been so inactive, I just don’t have any good ideas and I don’t like making bad projects.

Anyways, I actually came up with one. A game where you tilt your device to roll a ball (or balls) into holes, while avoiding obstacles. Adding the code to move the balls according to tilt will be simple enough, but I need help with collisions and other physics. I’ll give credit, don’t worry.

@SpiderGroup @CodeHelp

17 Likes

I can help, just tag me if you ever have a doubt!

6 Likes

Maybe tag @GOATGAMES he is the goat of collisions
(No pun intended)

5 Likes

K, I can do both.

5 Likes

I suppose you would just flip the X values for horizontal collisions, and flip the Y values for vertical collisions.

However, circles and other shapes might be a little bit more tricky. I do think you can find a few formulas for them though.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I need more help with. I’m not going to have squares, but maybe triangles and other polygons.

3 Likes

Okay, what do you have in mind?

3 Likes

Is this a 2-D or 3-D game?

3 Likes

2D top down perspective game.

Also, turns out that just doing “when tilted right move right” doesn’t work so I’ll need help with that too lol

3 Likes

You just can’t say that u are better.

5 Likes

Okay, please no arguing on my topics :))

If anyone can help me that’s fine no matter the skill level.

3 Likes

There’s two things I need help with:

• A smooth way to tilt to move
  • Physics when bumping into objects
1 Like

Lol @Aqua let me refrase that I meant I have more experience but if you ask for either one of us please @ both of us as me and him are a tea and I sometimes need him as he sometimes needs me I’m sorry it sounded rude I don’t know what I was thinking when typing that as were all good in our own fields but remeber that I can’t do a lot without him and the same the other way around so like I said when you need either of us do

The Amazing Team of friends

@Dragonmaster101 @GOATGAMES

5 Likes

Alright, could you guys help then?

3 Likes

I do not like coming up with equations lol

3 Likes

Hmm yes we could help but what’s that you need help with?

2 Likes

Collisions

With different polygons

3 Likes

Yeah, that. Along with tilting controls.

3 Likes

I’ll get started on the tilting controls once I finish my joystick code

2 Likes

Okay. I’ll try to figure it out too.

2 Likes