Help with my platformer game

Hey! I’m making a new platformer game! Unfortunately there’s some problems:

Can someone tell me how to solve this problem pls? The square is in the tiles.

1 Like

hmm maybe you could share a link - to take a look at your code?

2 Likes

When Player is on tile:
_ Ycam = Ycam - 0.5 * tile’s height + 17.5 + (player’s height + tile’s height)/2

1 Like

ok never mind i’ll publish the game

1 Like

Jist call it a feature LOL

1 Like

@Leaders pls close this topic i know where’s the bug my variable “Ycam” is upside down lol (negative number goes to positive and positive number goes to negative)

1 Like

Upside down mode

I dont rly like playformers but gl

Looks like you figured it out. Well Done… If you need any other help, I am known to track bugs/glitches and am able remove most of them (I got better at doing it when developing my enormous game, which was the biggest project that I ever made).

One glitch that can be very common:

• Menu/text overlap (caused by tapping two buttons at the same time, can be fixed by disabling one of the buttons, or by using the same exact variable for each button. The second method may not always solve that issue, though…)

Example: if you tap two buttons at once, one of the button with set a variable, and the other button(s) will check if the variable is not set / equals 0. If it was set, that button will not do anything. After a short period (after the one button finishes), the variable is reset to 0.

2 Likes

If the buttons are your controls, you don’t have to worry about that…

2 Likes

cliving on request - let us know if you’d like it reopened for any more help with the project!