Help with falling items

So I’m using this drag and drop coding app on my iPad just for fun and I’m all most finished making a game. All I have to do is ad in falling items that will fall down from random areas from the top of the screen. Does anyone know how I can do this? if possible with images(to make it easier for me), as I can not find any tutorials to do this online.

13 Likes

Hi! Welcome to the forum!
Feel free to tag me by typing @MISSION_IMPOSSIBLE if you need any help, as it will give me a notification. :smile:

I’m not quite sure how to help you, as this is a forum for Hopscotch, and I don’t know what app you are using. Could you please provide more detail?

5 Likes

You don’t need a create a clone block.
Unless you want multiple objects falling, in which case you should do:

When game starts:{
Repeat times [amount of objects you want falling]:
Create a clone
End
}
When object is cloned
Repeat forever:{
Set position X [random (0,1024)], Y[height]
Set speed [random(100,500)]
Change Y by [-1*height]
End
}

3 Likes

Thanks! I am not too experienced on cloning. Sorry I deleted my post before. Welcome to Hopscotch. & the forum! Tag me if you need help (@ArcadeGrounds).
@Wast said provide picture:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

6 Likes

It’s not your fault!
It’s a learning experience for everybody!

2 Likes

I knew that, I deleted it because you tell the solution. You are teaching me, too. Thanks, @The_Vast_Void.

3 Likes

Hi! We would most likely need some more information. Can you show us some pictures of your code? What have you done so far?

This community is very helpful and active as well, so I’m glad that you’ve found the official Hopscotch app forum! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi! Welcome to the forum! I’m @FearlessPhoenix, tag me if you need any help

Like William said, we’d need a bit more information. It’d be great if you could add a link to the project or post screenshots of the code here

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Sadly, I can not help you because I have not used any ipad-related coding method, other than hopscotch. Maybe you could be a little more detailed with what you need help with so other people can give you an explanation.

5 Likes

I think they’re using Hopscotch.

3 Likes

Ooh, I didn’t realize.

2 Likes