Help with control bug in puzzle game

I’m encountering a weird bug, the bottom left control is able to be pressed if you attempt to repeatedly move towards it, even though it should not. I can’t seem to figure out how to fix it, any ideas?
LOAD THIS: v2|1010|11|aaaaaaaaaaax008aax008aax008aax008aax008aax008aax008aax008aaaaaaaaaaa

I forgot the link to AE’s project player, so you could probably make the link with this part of it

5 Likes

Not sure if this is annoying (if it is I’m sorry), but I’m gonna bump up my question, since I don’t have time to debug at the moment (probably won’t have too much luck anyways).

4 Likes

(Feel free to change the title)

I moved this to a new topic for you since it’s an issue you’re trying to debug with a specific project (that’s what #debug-my-code is for!). This should also help more people see the project as opposed to getting lost in a general code discussion topic.

As for the project itself, I’m not really sure what is supposed to be happening, partially because the title doesn’t help to explain it either. How am I supposed to move the character, for example, and what am I trying to reach?

4 Likes

Quick context

You can move the character by tapping any segment of the iPad (divided in the middle horizontally and vertically) only if it isn’t being blocked by any wall (will be colored to indicate this), you can also tap the bottom left square to change to a different movement method (tapping any available dot), where the bug is more clear.

Assuming you pasted the levelstring that I gave when the prompt showed up (or loaded any level where the player can have the adjacent bottom left tile be a wall, you’ll notice the option to move will flicker on and off (more visible with the second movement method), if you repeatedly tap it you’ll end up activating it, and moving out from that position to any position without a wall on the bottom left of the marble, it will move you down to the bottom left.

This is basically what I want to fix, removing that flickering bottom left button.
(Not sure if my explanation was clear enough)

2 Likes

you can try using this group to boost visibility - and for more help!

3 Likes

I’ll do that in a bit, in class right now

2 Likes

I will do that. @CodeHelp pls see op. Also @aadenboy sometimes when you move when besides a wall it teleports back.

5 Likes

Example? Not sure what you mean.

3 Likes

@CodeHelp It would probably p be easier for you to help with my bug if I gave an easier method of code access (kinda inconvenient having to copy link, then having to load it rather than just clicking an edit button), so here you go (currently filtering though so give it a hour)
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/12dtepvkq2

8 Likes

Got it fixed by myself by adding a cool down before the control reappeared.
Awesome.