Help with Character Clipping in Platformer Game

@Mathematics2 @Crosbyman64

I have encountered a new issue in my latest project, as you can see in the video linked below, the character “dives” into the square tile due to the padding of the game view;

You can see I overlapped two different videos over each other, the video with the green character shows the collision rule when taking the padding velocity into consideration for the calculation, while the video with the purple character shows the collision after having removed the variable from the calculation.

I went frame by frame, and as you can see, the purple one dives last, but they both reach the surface of the tiles at the same time.

I want to avoid the character from doing this “dive” into the tiles, but I’ve tried to no avail.

Again, all collisions are to be found under the “tiles” sprite in editor, and game view under “padding” sprite in editor.

P.S.: the floor also moves 1 frame after the tiles do, if you guys could find a fix for that, it’d be pretty cool!

Link to the project:

Postdata 2: I might not be able to reply after yous, I’m out of replies, so please be patient with me!

11 Likes

I’m not sure if I’ll be able to figure out how to solve that particular issue you’re having. Sorry, bro…

To Be Honest, that might even be a side effect to the extra delay bug.

9 Likes

Thanks for your help man it don’t matter you’ve been pretty helpful already brother!

If you ever need anything please do let me know friend I am in debt!

Figured it’d be appropriate to tag @CodeHelp

13 Likes

The link doesn’t work.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Can you please post the video to YouTube and link that? I can’t see it.

4 Likes

unfortunately @Pickel cannot share the video through youtube because the account contains non-hs content and we don’t allow for that to be shared here

5 Likes

Oh in that case I can’t help as if I don’t know what’s wrong the how am I supposed to fix it?

2 Likes

@/Mathematics2 @FearlessPhoenix is this good to go?

7 Likes

yep, youre good. thanks :))

5 Likes

I can see what you mean now. Unfortunately I’m not that good with platforms but I’ll try.

3 Likes

It looks like geometry dash.

2 Likes

It is geometry dash bro!! I’m a huge ge one try dash fan! I’m a good geometry dash player too so I think I can do a fairly decent clone of the game brother dude!

4 Likes

@Pickel - Have you figured this out or do you still need help?

2 Likes

Yes you can lock this topic bro!

1 Like

Let us know if you want this reopened!