Help with ball bounce physics

And implement the physics!

Thanks! That would be great!

@ThinBuffalo I have seen you on a lot recently, and was wondering if you could help me with this. Thanks!

I’d be happy to try. Would you clarify what you need help with at this point? (The more specific you can be, the more likely I’ll be able to help.)

When the ball hits the left side of the wall, if you hit it at the right angle, it will bounce back and forth, until reaching the top of the wall.

Which link?

The one in that post, tankt’s below it, or some other?

This is the most recent version. Thanks!

I haven’t been able to get it to do what you described.

That reminds me of troubleshooting difficulties I encountered while developing Break Out. Before I perfected the collisions, sometimes something odd would happen at a very specific angle and specific set of remaining blocks. But it was really difficult to reproduce. So what I did was add some temporary code just for troubleshooting that would recreate the right blocks (basically like a custom level), immediately put the ball in the viscinity of the problem, set the angle to a predetermined value. Then I could tweek the exact ball location and angle until the problem occurred very time the project was played. Then finally I could troubleshoot the collision code and easily test until I fixed the problem.

Perhaps you could do something like that to reproduce the problem you’re having.

I will send you a screen recording of it happening. Will that do?

Might be worth a try, but if it can’t consistently be reproduced, it’s going to be really difficult to fix

Its probably not a big deal then. I will keep try to get a video of it, it’s just hard.

That was exactly the point of trying to reproduce it consistently by setting the parameters in code :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok. Thanks!