As you may know, we've spent the past few months working on the very first Hopscotch editor for iPhone and iPod!
We're ready to show you the very first alpha version! Alpha is before beta, meaning it's early stages in development—very rough around the edges and definitely buggy
Which is where you come in! We'd love your help finding bugs and other problems in the brand new iPhone and iPod apps:
A few things to keep in mind:
- The iPhone editor looks really different than the iPad version . We had to make a lot of design changes to make the editor fit on a small screen. Spend some time playing with it and let us know how it feels.
- We have optimized this alpha release for the iPhone 6, so other iPhones (iPhone 4, 5, and iPods) may look off.
- This version will not work well on the iPad. Please only give feedback for the iPhone or iPod. When we release the app, we will only be releasing a new iPhone version. The current iPad version you know and love will stay the same.
- We have spent most of our time on editor, and community things like remixing, branching, and more are not done yet. Please focus your feedback on the editor
- The beta community is totally separate from the regular Hopscotch community. Featured and trending do not update here, and there are lots of outdated projects.
There's a ton you could share with us, but it would be most helpful if you could focus your testing on these questions:
- Can you break the app using clones, a ton of objects and rules, or text objects? We’re especially concerned about these features and would love your help testing them.
- "What doesn't make sense?": Share things that you find confusing or don't understand how to do.
- "What is broken?": Share any bugs that you find. Pro tip: please include the specific steps you took leading up to the bug and add screenshots whenever possible. It helps us immensely!!
- "What are you excited about?": Let us know what's working well and what you like!
Post your feedback and bug reports in this thread! Tell us in as much detail possible what happened when the app glitched, and include screenshots of the result whenever you can.
Here's the link to download it to your iPhone or iPod: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/download/806e1aca7edf4e51834597c7abad3d0f . If you're using iOS 9, you'll need to "Trust" our beta by going to Settings -> General -> Profiles -> tap on your Profile -> "Trust" button. If you're a visual learner, follow the steps in this gif (in this example, the person is trusting "Simulator". You'll need to trust "Hopscotch Technologies").
Here's a sneak peek:
We've been working super hard on this and are excited for your honest feedback. Thanks again for all your help; Hopscotch wouldn't be the same without you!
The Hopscotch Team
(Nina, Thomas, Asha, Rodrigo, Sam, Jocelyn, Liza, Ashi, and Meg)