Help! I’m making a 3D game but I need someone to help me with the movement

help_me_please
3d
codeproblems

I am making a 3d game, based on depth and perspective, but I can’t manage to make the movement, if Jeff master or creations of a noob can help me, or someone who has experience doing this stuff, plz help me, I already published the game, here is the link to the game; https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/zw0yuiv30

You have a good start! I am on my computer right now and not on my iPad, but I will try to take a look at your project tomorrow (if I remember to do that).

Also, typing this: @CreationsOfaNoob will send a notification to Creations Of A Noob so that he maybe will see this topic a little bit faster.

THX for your help, I’ll send him a Message

@CreationsOfaNoob can you help me with my project?

@omtl @pomtl ^^^

Sorry I’m new at the forums, what does that mean?

Those are two mass tag lists that several people are apart of
One is the official mass tag list and one is the project official mass tag list. I’m just tagging them to make sure people see this uvu

THX! I’d like people to teach me how to do this stuff

Hi! That looks great so far. I haven’t had the chance to look at the code yet, but I believe you aren’t using any 3D formulas?

If you want to do it in a more advanced way, you could check out Wikipedias article on 3D projection. Those include some advanced math, though I could help you with that if you want.

If you don’t want to use those, we could probably come up with a way to fix the movement. Do you think movement in the Y axis (up/down) is necessary in your game?

I don’t know much about 3D projection, but I took out the “set size” block and the project looks much better
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/zw5ar1y51

THX but I’m looking to do something more like this (https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/zc72t5v8s)

THX, but if you could remix my project and remake the code so I understand it, it would be awesome!

maybe maybe clones so it looks 3D?
I have not played with “3D” objects so sorry

But the thing is that you use lots of code that I don’t understand :cry:

Welcome to the forum! I love that you’re actually coding on here!
I’ll get a welcome guide if you want…

Oh
The objects are supposed to slightly distort, but that isn’t possible using characters. That’s why they used the size option. In real 3D they don’t really change size, though.

Yeah, that would be great

Yes, I just copy and paste this thing because it’s huge, so here it is.

Welcome to the forum!
So, here’s some huge welcome that took half an hour to put together.
By the way, try tagging
@discobot start new user
but not with that font. Discobot has a surprise for you…
I’m going to put the welcome in a dropdown box thingy. Because it’s huge.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum!

Have this huge thing of information I put together!
Just tag me if you need any help.

Fonts

Fonts are fun to experiment with, so here are some HTML font tricks!

<a> makes aqua text </a>

Aqua!! There also used to be red, green, and blue colors, but I think it messed up the color scheme of the forum or something.

<thistextwillbeinvisibleaslongastherearejustletters>
You can just type random letters for that, too. Just keep the thingies at the end.

# type # and a space for big bold text

Big!

<big> makes big text </big>
Big!

<sub> makes low and small text </sub>
Regular text vs. sub text
There’s one to make the text high and small, too, but I forget it.

** this text will be bold **
Bold text!

*this text will be italicized*
Italics!

<s> strikethrough text </s>
Strikethrough!

<u>this text will be underlined</u>
Underlined text!
Okay, on second thought, maybe they deleted that font trick…

Now here is one JonnyGamer invented.
Type:
<sub>

Put some text here
Add more here
Keep adding lines of text
Add as many as you want

Remember to hit enter after typing <sub>, else the trick won’t work.
It’ll turn out with the lines of text on top of each other, like this!

Hi!
Welcome to
the forum! This is
how the font trick will
turn out!

Here’s a link to a topic on more cool fonts, even though I probably covered a lot of them.

Tagging

How To Tag
Tagging someone will send that user a notification.
This is how you tag someone.
@everyone
Just type an @ and then put the user’s username next to it to send them a notification!
Don’t worry, the tag I used doesn’t actually tag @anyone.

The OMTL
Don’t type @ and omtl together, unless you’re making a contest or something, you’ll tag 150+ people. And members of the OMTL aren’t that happy when they get tagged for something random like

Oops! Oops! Loop-de-loop!

And other pointless stuff like that. Be aware, there are guidelines on OMTL usage, and I suggest you read them. (Oh, and OMTL stands for Official Mass Tag List.)
If you want, you can join the OMTL here.
There should be a “join” button on that page somewhere, in addition to the OMTL guidelines.

The POMTL
Then there’s the POMTL (Project Official Mass Tag List), tagged by a person who made a project who would like constructive criticism or tips on improving on his or her coding. This one consists of 61 people.
You can join here.

Again, don’t tag it for random things and leave the OMTL and POMTL if you leave the forum.
[/details=]

Also, I strongly recommend going over the Community Guidelines, because if you break them, you’ll probably be suspended, and I have no idea how long that one user has gotten suspended for. Basically no bad words, be humble, try not to get in an argument or flame war, don’t give away personal information, don’t spam (post random stuff), and be positive. Oh, and put your General Topic in the #random-stuff category. (And you won’t be able to access that category until you’re of the Member trust level, which shouldn’t take to long to earn if you’re active.
Here’s a link:
Community Guidelines

Links To Helpful Topics

Here’s some links to other helpful topics for new users! Some of them might even contain more links!

Must Read for New Users!
Pretty Much Information For All Newcomers (✿◠‿◠)

Hey :))

Seems pretty cool.
I’ll see what I can do, but you have much better coders helping so, so you prob won’t need my help.

Tag me (@FearlessPhoenix) if you do need my help

What movement controls are you trying to create?