Help Drawing Pad Bug!

So I’m making a Drawing Pad. And as you can see on this picture when I try do draw a trail it does this!! If anyone knows how to fix this please help!!!

8 Likes

Do this:

When iPad is tapped
Set position last touch X last touch Y

3 Likes

Can I look at the code?

4 Likes

That's what the code is.

3 Likes

Can I see screenshots?

4 Likes

Yes. Here’s one.

3 Likes

Add when iPad is pressed follow finger

2 Likes

It should be:

When iPad is pressed

Leave a trail (width) (color)

Set position last touch X last touch Y

When iPad is tapped

Set position last touch X last touch Y (with no leave a trail)

2 Likes

Ok thanks!!!!!! Guys I will try them both

2 Likes

How is the color changing working? Is it:
When Game Starts
Repeat forever
Check once if color equals 1
Set color to (color)
Check once if color equals 2
Set color to (color)
and more...
Or, is it
Check once if color equals 1
Set color to (color)

What I mean is, if you have a new rule for each color setting, it should work. If you have all the trail code inside a repeat forever block, it takes some time to draw the trail because the iDevice needs to check every single check once if-block, but if you have a new rule for each color, it should work (if everything @MiNi and @treefrogstudios said already are in the code). You could also try using multiple objects to draw the trail.
I hope this will help you, I did this in my drawing pad SuperDraw because I had the same bug with the drawing as you have.
Tag me if you need more help or have questions!

1 Like

I know this is late to respond but can I have a link to your SuperDraw Drawing Pad? Is it ok if I use that code to fix it? I would give you full credit for that. @William04GamerA

2 Likes

I don't think you need credit because a lot of other people know how to do this. Cool drawing pad, though!

Yes! You can use the code if you want, but remember that if you use the code for the slider that changes the width settings, you have to ask @CreationsOfaNoob if you could use it and if yes, then give credit to him. Everything else is my code and you have my permission to use it in order to solve the problem. Ask me on my general topic if you need any help!
I will publish the link later today when I´m on my iPad.

1 Like

Ok thanks! I will give the credits to

2 Likes

Here are the link: https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/yhc8a28c1!
I use the old editor, but I hope that the link still will work!

1 Like

Hey @William04GamerA
Waassssuuuuppp

1 Like

I'm just checking the forum before I need to charge the iPad.

1 Like