Help decide the future of Hopscotch

hopscotch

Hi Hops!

We have a few questions for you guys!

We know that there are a bunch of things that still need to be improved since the update. We want your help deciding what what we change and when. Answer these 4 quick questions to weigh in :slight_smile:

If we could only make one change to Hopscotch, which of the following things is most important to you?

• Being able to drag blocks from the keyboard into the editor
  • Adding all the old videos back
  • Seeing code for only one rule at a time
  • Moving the β€œ+” button closer to the play button
  • Making it easier to delete in the editor
  • Making Hopscotch less laggy

0voters

If we could only make one change to Hopscotch, which of the following things is least important to you?

• Being able to drag blocks from the keyboard into the editor
  • Adding all the old videos back
  • Seeing code for only one rule at a time
  • Moving the β€œ+” button closer to the play button
  • Making it easier to delete in the editor
  • Making Hopscotch less laggy

0voters

Which of the following things is the most important to you about Hopscotch?

• Expressing yourself
  • Making your own games
  • Making whatever you want

0voters

Which of the following things is the least important to you about Hopscotch?

• Expressing yourself
  • Making your own games
  • Making whatever you want

0voters

Greetings, again... πŸ˜πŸ˜†

I love the current version of Hopscotch! For the last question, all of those are important to me!

Thanks :slight_smile: There's always more to add, though, so let us know what you think would be the most helpful for you!

I chose making your own games for the last poll because I'm not a big game maker. :l

I really like this topic and
vvvvv

For Liza

ERMEGER IZ LIZA SHES ON EEEEEE

Oh yeah I was saying that I think this can improve hopscotch a lot! I can't wait for new updates

I think that making Hopscotch less laggy is really important. I put in code, turn for a minute why my finger is on the screen, and then I turn back, and see the block has deleted.

@Liza I don't like how the different objects code is bunched up....it was hard to see the difference on a iPhone

Liza...has liked...my post

(Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam)

omg me too​:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue: @Niftynia75

I really want to play hopscotch on every kind of tablet
I've got a friend who's got a hudl(even know he asked for a iPad) and we want to play hopscotch toghether

I honestly like the old editor better, I'm just the type of person who doesn't really like change, and it's a huge change, I would want the old editor back, but that's just my opinion. :[]

I have done my votes!!

You rock Liza for listening to other people's feedback.

also @Liza I was wondering if we could have this on the forum.... when you ask someone something or you say something to someone can you maybe have a section at the bottom of who all in typing on the topic! I really really want this!

who agrees with me

• we totally need that
  • I guess maybe
  • eh I don't want that

0voters

Votes are public.

Hmm that could turn out very intrasting, and as well Liza didn't make the layout of the fourm, @discourse did.

Poll1: okay I answered making it easier to delete, but it's really close with making it less laggy.
I have an older iPad, and everything lags a ton on it. It also makes it suuuperrr hard to delete and most of my time spent working is time spent deleting. If we could improve those two things that would be great.

Poll2: seeing the code for only 1 rule at a time doesn't really matter to me, but it's easier to work when I only see 1 at a time.

Poll3: making whatever we want is cool, and the app isn't just about making games

Poll4: ^^^

Wow, it's so hard to choose between these choices! I think lag is one of the biggest barriers in Hopscotch because sometimes it makes some projects impossible to create

If all of those choices could eventually be implemented in Hopscotch that would be great :D

It's really awesome to see all these amazing changes being made to Hopscotch! :D

^^and I pretty much answered what Poptart did, I agree with her! :D

I love the new update. Some disagree but I fully agree that having all the code in one place is good! Also I like the new layout and my coding is MUCH faster now!

@Liza, I would love less lag at times of course. As I mentioned to @thomas the drawing glitch is really irritating so that's hopefully something to work on but not major!

Also @Liza, could we have some sort of a scrolling bar thing for the code? As I have mentioned before I think, when I scroll through my code, I occasionally accidentally select a rule/block/character and then I have to make sure it's put right where it should be, in some cases. If that could be resolved that would be great :wink:

-KVJ

Remember? Jk

I'm not a huge fan of the update. I find it overwhelming seeing all the code at once. I liked the old editor where you saw one rule for one object! That was easier for me. I appreciate the work you guys do on hopscotch for us, but I liked the old editor better! :smile:

Explaining my choices because everyone else is. :P

1. Lag is the most dominant thing when I Hopscotch. I often tap a block, key in values, and tap math stuffs really quickly and then wait a second for HS to process. I've already learned how to delete blocks and often I just drag my finger off the border of the iPad.

2. Um... I guess the + is good where it is? Is this because people have complained of inefficiency when the + is farther away from the play button?

3. expressiveness is cool I guess

4. Fishyguitars:

I chose making your own games for the last poll because I'm not a big game maker. :l

I did find some coding life hacks for people to use so...

life hacks here :0