Version - 12.2
iPad 5th generation
Current version of Hopscotch

Width and height of objects warped with new update from old project

This version:

Previous version:

What happened?

12 Likes

That’s weird… I think THT diminished the amount of whitespace around the objects or something, maybe it has something to do with that?

6 Likes

I remember reading in the HS update:

• The shapes are more shapely and no longer have padding around them. This will make set width and Height Waaay easier to use.

I’m not sure what that means, but I think that might be the reason

7 Likes

It’s what tankt and FunDardo said

I had this problem with Trip Up Sticks, the width and height got all weird

3 Likes

Hmm… weird. I haven’t coded much with the editor after the update, but what the other users are suggesting seems reasonable to me.

5 Likes

Have you restarted the project?
Sometimes something similar happens on the first play, though this may not be it.

If it were the new shapes, wouldn’t they be bigger anyway?

6 Likes

I tried restarting the project multiple times, the sizes did not change.

That’s right, but the Height and Width dimensions might have changed as well.

2 Likes

Yes, the new update included “easier to use width and height blocks” so that means those now have different measures

2 Likes

It’s not the shape size (new shapes are different objects). Set width and height just adapt to set image now. Meaning if you set a text object’s image to square, the set width and height will be based off of the square not the text anymore

2 Likes

Interesting. I think this might be our explanation.

1 Like

I think so too, but your difference seems marginal. New things are smaller than before – I believe it is the scale being used

2 Likes

What scale are you talking about?

1 Like

Scaling used to set width and height, each object has a baseScale or default size, and old shapes have padding. Just change them to the new shape and their size will set exactly to the width and height specified

4 Likes

Hey @DECODECO, was this problem solved?

2 Likes

Pretty sure it was the new update, the ratios changed making the blocks go wonk

1 Like

How would that affect old projects?

2 Likes

Guys, I need more info about this.

3 Likes

Old shapes render smaller in 3.34.0 than before (3.33.0) with the same set width and height

2 Likes

@Awesome_E was this solved?

5 Likes

Let me check real quick

3 Likes