HDC Art Winners Hidden Topic

HDC Art Competition Winner's Topic

@Sage @Tankt2016 @PinkCupcake8 @Leaders @Ana

Hello! As you guys already know, you guys won our Art Competition. As a “reward” (I don’t know if you would call it that) you guys get to help us draw backgrounds and logos for the Hopscotch Daily Challenge.

Here are the assignments that you chose:

Sage - Logo
Tankt2016 - Holiday Challenge Background
PinkCupcake8 - Daily Challenge Background

Here are descriptions for each project below:

HDC Logo
This is an overarching name for basically an HDC banner with a long version of a logo, and a smaller square version of the logo. If you want you can create different thematical versions of the logo (holidays, seasons, etc), or just create one logo/banner.

HDC Holiday Background
This is the background we will use to post holiday challenges, announcements, and shops. Here is an extreme rough sketch of an example. There needs to be 3 spaces for us to fit challenges, announcements, and shops in text, so leave some space.

HDC Daily Challenge Background
We will use this background everyday when we post daily challenges. You can create as many as we want, and we can rotate through them as well. You can chose to make one for each season, for example. Similar to the Holiday Background in size.

Other Projects
This is a list of projects you can chose to do if you want. These are by no means a must (but neither is what you are doing right now) and they would just be a cool aesthetic addition to HDC. If you want further details, just ask me. Here is the list:

• A currency design (an interpretation of how it would look)
  • An announcement board
  • A profile background
  • Individual Challenge Logos

If you would like to suggest something I would be happy to hear it :).

Happy drawing!

6 Likes

Seems like the tags didn´t work @HopscotchRemixer
@Ren @Tankt2016 @PinkCupcake8 @Leaders @Ana

6 Likes

Cool!

So, should this be done digitally/on paper?

And are there any specific colors?

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter but I think digital would be preferred, or you can do paper but scan it in cleanly and maybe recolor or something digitally.

As long as it’s clean and readable and of good quality (which we know the art itself will be), any medium should be ok.

@HopscotchRemixer can tell you exactly what he wanted tho, the above is just what I personally think

3 Likes

What holidays should I create holiday backgrounds for?

4 Likes

OK SO
I’ve already given some thought to this and decided that for the daily challenge bgs would be best to have a vertical presentation, so that it looks good and readable on both tablets and phones
If u disagree w this decision then just let me know and I can change it :+1: but rn I have a vertical form with the dimensions of an iPad screen
I’m also already working on a potential November bg - in the spirit of the month but not too thanksgiving like so that the holiday bg stands out yknow
Again let me know what u think of this decision and also of doing one monthly
And whether I should be doing November at all
I’m having a little trouble trying to figure out the seasons and holidays and converting them to American, but I believe I have the concepts for November, December, and January worked out on my head and I’ll see if I can post the November one soon (I haven’t been able to work on it much since my parents hog the only iPad I can draw on to listen to the American news but I’ll see what I can do)
And I’m doing it digitally forgot to mention that
Soooo anyways there’s that I guess :+1:

2 Likes

I would prefer it if the final version were digital because it would look more clean and you wouldn’t have to worry about lighting and camera quality.

2 Likes

Thanksgiving, Holidays/Christmas, New Year, Valentines Day for now

2 Likes

Okay cool!

Any colors?

2 Likes

Totally cool if you do a monthly background :)

2 Likes

That is all up to you, I don’t want to be restrictive

2 Likes
Okay so here’s the base drawing;

Here’s the drawing with the white block;

And here’s the same as above but with an extra block for the logo or smth idk but I thought it might potentially be useful;

Let me know if there are any changes I can make to improve them : )

6 Likes

That looks amazing! Could you make it a bit wider (maybe just add some orange to the left)?

3 Likes

Okay, so, I was thinking of having the main logo, and then maybe like a monthly/seasonly variation? Is that okay?

Also like what shape should it be?

4 Likes

Is it ok to take a screenshot of a forum topic and edit the title/usernames/pfps/post content so the text is like “happy thanksgiving,” and the users aren’t real and same with the topic, to stick on a drawn phone screen in the background?
Because that’s what I’ve been doing for the one background I’ve started, the thanksgiving one, I’ll scrap it if it’s not allowed though. I could put a text box at the bottom saying “users and text and topic aren’t real” or something though if I should mention that. It’ll probably be shrunken down to a point where the text is illegible but still, just want to make sure.

4 Likes

That would be cool! A long rectangle like 10x1 ratio

3 Likes

Okay cool!

Is it okay if most of the rectangle is a solid color?

3 Likes

Hmmm. Sounds interesting. Can I see how it turns out? Sounds fine to me

3 Likes

Yep thats cool. Whatever you want to do

3 Likes