HCC Platformer Beta Testing

Beta test for my HCC game (it’s really good rn)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

@FRENCH_WAVE123 ^^^

@GoatTagList

2 Likes

I’ll beta. Also what’s the game about/how do u play?

1 Like

I will post a link tomorrow

1 Like

Oh okay. So I’ll play it tomorrow, and give suggestions in this topic.

1 Like

Main menu

Good?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Yes. But maybe you can outline the words and boxes in black? To make it look more cartoony-ish? Like Spy Guy 96’s Easter game

1 Like

Outline the words? Wdym?

1 Like

Here let me show you

1 Like

Does the link work?

3 Likes

I will outline the boxes

I thought you meant the text, haha

1 Like

I think the layout is pretty good. I’d recommend changing the colors though, the contrast between the red and green especially doesn’t look very good. Also maybe try giving a margin between the buttons and the edge of the screen too, see which you like best.

Also think about whether or not a menu like this is completely necessary. For a lot of games it is, but for a lot it is more annoying than useful.

I do like how you positioned and sized the buttons, that is really good, especially making the play button the biggest and at the top.

Another thing to try would be seeing about moving the buttons to below the hopscotch buttons. I’m pretty sure that the hopscotch buttons are 48 points tall and 8 points from the top. I recommend putting the top of the play button 64 points below the top of the screen to see how it looks there.

7 Likes

Can you explain more?

Thanks, and I changed the outline

Also red and green are Christmas colors

Fixed version:

4 Likes

I think the outlines are too thick. And I think white might be a little more Christmas-y

3 Likes

Add some Christmas trees

1 Like

The word “Settings” is now too dark to be read…

3 Likes

I can read it…

2 Likes

Yes it can be read, but I think the contrast should be higher. There is little contrast between the word and the button…

2 Likes

Hi, @GOATGAMES! The contrast seems nice, but I reccomend making the text more visible.

2 Likes

Yeah I will change it from white to black

1 Like