Hashtag Channels are Live!

[@Awesome_E might have an insight?]

7 Likes

This is really cool!
Both my six-year-old self and my current self love this.
The nostalgia is real.

3 Likes

It just says currently case-sensitive. This was developed mostly before I joined, and idk really anything behind the scenes about this one

5 Likes

Hey all, @Rawrbear @anisotr0py @Awesome_E @FearlessPhoenix

The hashtags are case-sensitive. I didn’t know that they were when I first launched them. That’s why the early projects have capital A in their #Art tag and were still recognized (for the first two hours).

I thought the best way to work it out is to keep all of them consistent, so I changed all of the channels to lower cases.

As for the tab itself, all of the tabs in Hopscotch are automatically capitalized, so it’s more of a stylistic choice.

14 Likes

Thanks for the info.

People using these hashtags may continue to use them with the expectations that they work like how hashtags work in other places, which is to be case insensitive.

I think the channels are a good idea and I hope they succeed despite the case confusion.

8 Likes

@Yuanyuan Was This Used As A Test In The Summer Comp for 2021?

6 Likes

Awesome! Glad they’re back!

8 Likes

Yay, I actually was planning on suggesting this. This is so cool at is very useful. Though as others stated this could be abused. Super excited about this also Yuanyuan did you mean to send this?

saying just we

6 Likes

Nah she didn’t

No big deal though

5 Likes

Yea it’s no big deal. Also wasn’t this a things before?

4 Likes

Yeah in like ‘16 I remember them it was a good time

5 Likes

What about the adventure category. I think that used to be a thing.

5 Likes

Could be a good idea :eyes:

I don’t remember if that was a former category

4 Likes

I remember getting on it once. Though you didn’t put a hash tag.

4 Likes

Here’s something it’s bad quality but what if it’s a category when you tap on it the # shows up then you can select the various # like music
This was you can avoid clutter (sorry for bad quality)

4 Likes

Cool!

4 Likes

We

7 Likes

They messed up lol

4 Likes

lol

4 Likes

Hastags are bacc

2 Likes