Haptic/3D Touch support

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

Haptic/3D touch support

I’d use it for this type of project:

Not specifically a project but it could be useful for quick access to specific parts of the app.

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this:

Quick access to parts of the app
If possible, THT could allow notifications from the forum to show up on the app, and when the notifications are tapped, it would take you to the part where you got notified on the forum.

Here is an example design I’ve made:

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this:

(Sorry for bad photoshop, I always use Apple Keynote)

Tag(s)

@The_Admin_Coders

What do you think?
  • Yes, we need this
  • No, this unnecessary
  • Maybe, this can use changes.
  • Accidentally Voted/No strong opinion

0 voters

9 Likes

First!
Nice suggestion

2 Likes

Cool idea but idk if it would be possible to show forum notifications on the app. But it might be possible idk.

1 Like

I feel like this was already a topic, I tried search 3D Touch and a variety of other things, nothing came up.

1 Like

3D Touch - press screen with pressure (iPhones Only, latest iPhone do not have 3D touch anymore)

Haptic Touch - press and hold

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind it, it is just kind of unnecessary

2 Likes

I like the idea – in fact I have a topic on it already:

By the way, I don’t think iOS supports live info in the quick actions (3D touch menu)

2 Likes

I even voted on the poll :man_facepalming:
I knew I saw this before…
Should I ask to merge

2 Likes

It would make sense to – @Leaders?

2 Likes

Am dum :p

I don’t mean like it will tell you immediately if you have a notification, i mean when you go out and back in of the menu, allowing to refresh, think of it like google drive, it shows the latest file you open, not immediately but when you go in and back out.

I mean that the 3D Touch menu doesn’t have access to internet so it can’t get your notifications.

The file widget would work, but only if THT adds support to opening files with the app again.

1 Like