Hacking Help, Catching, and Eliminating

hacker_help

As all of you know that have been on the forum lately, there's a hacker. So far we know that @LotsaPizza @Kiwicute2015 @Phase_Studios @DragonLover975 @GiraffeProductions and @Rawrbear have been hacked. The hacker seems to target Collab and famous accounts. There is also evidence that there is more than one hacker. The hacker
-Swears a lot
-is known as G🤔1
-leaves messages
-MarbleMarbles is a known hacker (or hacker alias)

How to protect your account from being hacked and not lose all your work:

1. Backup important projects in a secret account. You can also get a backup service. I have one, just tell me the project title.
  2. Don't share your password. I know this seems obvious, but don't.
  3. Share collab logins in person or via text if possible. Don't share your email though!
  4. If at all possible, do a double- or triple account- meaning make an account, then have more accounts go in.

Thanks, great guide (2020200202020020202020020)

1. There's way too many topics trying to catch the same hacker. Please keep it to one topic.

2. @Giraffedolphin26 was collabing with me.

3. I don't think our hacker is the same one as the ones on the forum. They didn't swear and although they did leave a message, we think that it's someone we know in real life. Our password was awful.

4. They might not even have Hopscotch or forum accounts, as anyone can access the forum and it doesn't take much to figure out the well-known Hopscotchers.

Those are really great tips :smiley: There are more tips here too if anyone would like any: http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/how-to-prevent-narrow-the-chance-of-your-collab-account-from-being-hacked/2596

I think though we should just focus on moving on and staying secure rather than focusing attention on the culprit(s). Like Liza said, pointing fingers hurts people's feelings and for example, the user you said "marblesmarbles" was apparently being impersonated by a hacker so they weren't actually a hacker.

But it's hard to know these sorts of things and it's better if we just learn to protect ourselves for the future :smile: