Hackerbear: Web Explorer JSON Shortcuts

I made a fun little extension to get the JSON from projects easily with the click of a button!

This is mostly for my own use as we continue work on HSAPI. I just wanted to share it because it looks pretty neat :)

The buttons can:

• Get the JSON for any project
  • Open the Project Builder
    If you have any other suggestions, I’m all ears!

It works using a browser extension called Violentmonkey. The script is on my GitHub if you want to try it! You can even try adding buttons to the menu by copying my code, if you know JavaScript. :D

9 Likes

this totally didn’t take me an hour to write, how do you type so much, so fast lol

Epic! First post btw

I could honestly see myself using this, the idea of linking block coding to JSON is really cool, in one word, innovative, its like remastering what hopscotch is, blocks, to what it is made of, being JSON.

It is amazing to see more and more people make extensions like this, first AE with SpiderHS, and now Hackerbear!

Although I am not a big believer in using extensions on my browser, as I think the browser is capable enough as it is, these hopscotch extensions seem to be really useful.

I can EASILY see myself utilising this, like, honestly it is really cool!

I love the way it blends in with the UI of the web explorer, and on another note; I am amazed with how easily people can create extensions, and build off of the web explorer, kudos to @/Awesome_E for that. And kudos to @/rawrbear for creating such a epic tool.

HSAPI is coming along epicly, not sure if that is a word, but yeah, HSAPI is gonna be the link we needed to code hopscotch projects in JSON.

Ooo, open source is always the way to go, specifically if it is on GitHub [1], I might have to have a dabble into this, maybe a button that likes games, the spamliker!

Anyways, thanks for reading my essay on how epic this is, since i appreciate how much effort you put into make all of your posts not only interesting, but in-depth and worthwhile to read.

1. well, you don’t really have any choice for making it not open source ↩︎

2 Likes