Guide to Composing Your Own Music

Composing Your Own Music

Some of you like making music projects in Hopscotch. A few of you even compose your own songs - and some of you don’t know how, or are scared to. I don’t make music in Hopscotch but I do use FL Studio Mobile 3, and I know a lot about making your own song. This might not work for you, but it works for me!

Unfortunately, Hopscotch’s music creating tools are not a fully fledged DAW (Digital audio workstation), for they do not look like this:

Image Credits

Hopscotch has very limited sounds, but you can still create some really awesome songs. Here are the steps I use when composing a song:

Step One: Decide How Your Song Will Sound

This first step is crucial. What will your song sound like? Will it be hard rock? Hip hop? EDM? Pop? What will the melody be? Slow? Fast? You have to come up with this before you start. This will take awhile, so don’t stress out if you can’t come up with anything, because it happens. For example purposes, let’s say I came up with a melody that goes like this: Dun dun (pause). Dun-dun-dun (pause).

Step Two: Record Your Melody

You can use Voice Memos, or something else. All you have to do is hum your melody. This will save it so you can come back to it later. It’s also for when you make the song - you can play it while you are coding your song. Trust me, this is very helpful.

Step Three: Compose Your Song

I would recommend @GweTV’s Guide To Coding Music for this segment. You can omit the steps where you find the sheet music - you created your own song! Start with the melody, and use the piano keys. Try not to overlap them, for that crashes Hopscotch frequently, or severely lags it. Then, you can use the gong or drum sounds to create a beat. Most don’t do this, but I think it’s very nice.

I hope this was helpful - if you want me to add anything, @ me.

@omtl

15 Likes

Noice

7 Likes

Awesome and very clear tutorial. Great job!

4 Likes

Oh yeah

2 Likes

Awesome

2 Likes