Group variables together

You should be able to group variables together to make them easier to find. For example, in a project I am working on it takes a few seconds to scroll past all the iPad variables even going too fast to find a specific one. If I could sort them into groups (door/enemy/panel types, abilities, level setup, etc.) then it would be much easier. It would also make it easier to find variables for a certain thing that were created after the rest. So for example I have setup panel, panel type, and a few position variables created at the same time, then a while later, after 20 or so more variables, I have panel level. Since these all work to complete the same thing, it’d make more sense to group them together somehow.

I was thinking it could be like iPad and object variable buttons down at the bottom, sort of like how on old projects each object is tappable.

14 Likes

yes

and like have drop down categories for that group maybe?

4 Likes

What do you mean by drop down categories?

3 Likes

Great idea, we should also be able to rearrange them too.

Lol I just noticed that is kind of the same idea.

6 Likes

collapsibles so that variables are easier to access

4 Likes

How would they be? Wouldn’t that just add an extra button to access them, or am I misunderstanding?

3 Likes

wait is there a button in your idea? if not I was thinking a button to bring up different categories

2 Likes

I made a last minute edit

5 Likes

I like this idea!

4 Likes

wait when did you do that?

3 Likes

This is cool, but not as important as several other features still unavailable

3 Likes

About 2 seconds before I couldn’t edit anymore

Nope, it isn’t as important as many features, especially Block to get the first match of some regular expression in a string and Replace something with something in string (especially the last one) which will make many things that aren’t currently possible possible, but it would still be very nice to have since currently variables can easily get very unorganized, especially since you can only tap a button to go to the beginning (or end for ipad variables) of the variable list.

4 Likes

Or maybe order the variables by alphabetical order would work too?

1 Like

That wouldn’t really fix thescrolling problem and would unorder stuff that is currently well organized.

3 Likes

We should also add a search bar if you have a ton of variables and you don’t like scrolling past all of them.

4 Likes

yess, a search bar for blocks would be nice too

3 Likes

I was thinking of that yesterday, when I was coding one of @Petrichor’s projects lol. Maybe he thought of that because of it? Idk

4 Likes

It was another project but that one is also very quickly getting that problem.

3 Likes

Interesting

2 Likes

Nice idea, lord Petrichor
Lord Spacebar rules!

1 Like