# The auto-versioning (it turns out, this was not the issue)
Use this template to make awesome bug reports:
Your username: Awesome_E
What kind of device are you using?: iPad made of oxygen 2 (iPad Air 2)
1 sentence description of the problem: I updated and took the word for the change log, some of my drafts broke.
Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:
- Have a draft at webplayer 29
- Update the app
I expected this to happen: They would stay at 29, like the changelog states
★ But instead this happened: Anything with Webplayer 26 or higher automatically changes to 30 when it is opened
Here’s a sweet screenshot: No, I have better proofs.
Saving an Project with player version 29
- JSON File of the Existing Project
- Saving as Draft
- Before even opening the draft, here’s the JSON file. It will always change to 30 every time you save or edit a project if it is at 26 or higher.
Basic projects like that one, nothing happened (at least when saved).
- Existing Drafts get converted to 30. Allow me to show you what happened:
★ The existing draft no longer works. It freezes right after I play it.
I show the keypad’s code to prove that the work was not just incomplete.
This project had some logic, if loops and variables, but no secret blocks
What else could possibly go wrong? I made a copy of E-Pad and that wouldn’t run either.
★ I believe this issue will only freeze the project if it was a draft.
That’s why it’s a bug. I feel a bit ripped off with this update. I can’t edit E-Pad until there is a fix, because if I try, Hopscotch will rewrite the version and prevent the project from working.
Since published projects are on frozen in time, those still work. But once you save it, it converts. You might be able to play those, but for drafts, nothin’ worked for me.
# Editor button Placement (see note at bottom as well)
- “exiting instead” Who said that? I have never heard that before
- “Where you expect them” We are all used to play being in the same spot as edit, and publish in Hopscotch was never on the right side. Who thought that was a good idea? I’be already hit publish instead of edit 3 times today. Also, now it’s just inconsistent with published projects (edit is still on the right)
- If I want to exit a draft after testing it (but not adding more code), I can use the home icon button. Now that’s gone.
- Also, now we can’t have thumbnails anymore. This has happened in the past, and I do remember it. There was controversy and it was later updated to be able to use thumbnails in drafts again.
# Conclusion (once again, note at bottom)
Overall, this update doesn’t have the best impression on me, to say the least. I nearly lost E-Pad (remake draft) to this update, and many people working on large pixel arts could suffer. More confusion and inconsistency was added to the UI, and we can’t see new works by people we’ve never seen before (newest, but that is not the point).
- Stop auto-versioning drafts. This seems like intentional behavior, as this was never coded for and doesn’t seem like just a bug, but I’ll refer to it as a bug. It causes huge code loss
- UI Layout – who asked for that? I prefer thumbnails even if it means “accidentally exiting the project” 1 time every 3 weeks.
- The already reported bug – see code buttons on new shapes (no white space) are too close.
- This is super risky, I think the update should be pulled / revoked.
I’m warning you: Don’t update – you could lose your draft that you spent 30 hours on. I almost did, and I don’t want that to happen to you guys.
- I fixed the issue by removing the code where the objects adapt, and everything works again. And I reverted the pixi but I don’t know what that actually did.
- To my surprise, objects now adapt width and height properly. And the bug with it was gone!
# The Solution to the Issue is Posted Below
So, it seems that we have two options:
- Just push out a webplayer update. This will ensure that every user gets the fix (obviously it doesn’t have to be mine, but as long as it works).
- Push an app update as well as do the above, adding a home button to the UI of the playing a draft screen