Good tools for learning text-based coding!

help
helpwithcode

There are some of you on the forum that are really good at hopscotch. A few of you might even want to move on to text-based code, but don't know where to start. I have 2 great tools for learning how to code in various text-based languages.

Codecademy

Codecademy is a online tool that you can use to learn JavaScript, Python, and more! It has lessons, an interactive coding screen (where you actually have to type in code), and starts off with some basic concepts! As far as I know, you have to use a computer (not an IPad or IPhone) for codecademy, but I used it to learn JavaScript and Python!
Link to Codecademy!

Sololearn

Sololearn is pretty similar to Codecademy, though it has more courses for more programming languages. These include Swift, C++ (which is what I used it for), and Java. It is less interactive than Codecademy, but it does have a code playground for every language it provides where you can try out the things you learn. It also has apps for iOS for learning these programming languages!
Just search "Sololearn" on the App Store!
Link to Sololearn!

I hope this helps anyone who wants to learn a text-based programming language!

k thx

Great topic, Z!

Awesome! I have done code academy before and it's great! I'll have to try Sololearn too! My brother is learning C++ for his robotics team, I'll be sure to tell him about Sololearn! :smiley:

Thanks @Valgo! :]

Solo learn works AMAZINGLY. Although, once, when I was downloading it, I put it in a folder and then it just turned into hopscotch for somehow. Thankfully, restarting fixed it.