Good News! Joking can be ok!

humour
jokes
goodnews

Part 2 of the Good News Series!

DISCLAIMER: THIS TOPIC IS 99.9% sarcastic and is directed towards people who believe that the things mentioned in this topic are correct. Do not take anything here seriously or you're pretty much doomed.

Ok, shots were fired at those who take jokes far too seriously but here's the problem.

NOT ALL JOKES ARE FUNNY!

Further research in the field of "social interaction" has lead me to believe that jokes won't be laughed at unless they are actually funny or written by someone with:

A Sense of Humour

Humour is a mood, or a state of mind. It's when you are in a good mood, usually as a side effect of something funny like a joke. The quality of being amusing or comic, especially in literature in speech is also referred to as humour. Some people make bad jokes that offend people or aren't really funny in the first place.

So a new question stands,

"How can you develop a sense of humour?"

The first thing you're gonna want to do is learn about what makes YOU laugh. Yes, you.

Now that you have this down pat, learn how to laugh in boring or unfunny circumstances. The less funny a place or conversation is, the more of a surprise a joke is and the higher the chance of people laughing is. Now you can go making jokes when someone is diagnosed with cancer or at a funeral. It's unexpected, so it's funny! And don't forget to direct the joke at the dead or sick person, that just makes it so much better! Everyone is going to love you for your amazing timing.

Now that you know how to have a sense of humour, let's learn to appreciate witty wordplay and puns. A lot of the time, jokes come from confusion or playfulness. We usually find things funny if we cannot comprehend them. So say something stupid that makes no sense and everyone will laugh. It's totally not going to get you into any trouble in the future.

Don't forget irony! Making fun of yourself or other people when the opposite of something that is meant to happen happens instead! So if someone falls of a cliff instead of jumping across it, it's fine to make a joke about it. You should also maybe call the hospital.

Alright! Now we are able to correctly make jokes at the right time, place and in the right way. But what if some annoying social justice warriors come up to you and think that something you're saying is inappropriate. You don't want to lose your street cred, right? Well, all you have to do is create a topic about it but a question still stands:

"How do I make a topic to regain my credibility as a joke teller without losing my street cred?"

This is actually really simple. Make a new topic titled, "I'm sorry" or "Apology to everyone" and then, in the topic, blame everything on social media, news outlets, someone else, depression or an addiction. It has apology in the title so people will forgive you. Isn't that right PewDiePie?

So next time someone calls you racist for saying something racist, just blame it on someone else and people will THINK you're apologising and you'll be back to your cool old self!

Alright! Now we know how to make appropriate jokes that people will laugh at and if they don't, how to apologise for it.

In all seriousness:

When making a joke, all you have to do is be yourself and say something that would make you laugh without putting other people down in the process. It truly isn't that hard to make an appropriate, funny joke by reading over what you've made as if you were someone else.

Here are some examples that you can use:

What do you call a fake noodle?

An impasta!

What do you call a large pile of kittens?

A Meowntain!

Your jokes don't have to start with What do you call a...?

Some other jokes include:

Did you hear about the hungry clock?

It went back four seconds!

What gets wetter the more it dries?

A towel!

Do you get the idea? None of the jokes were directed towards other people and I'm sure at least one of them got a chuckle out of you. Those are examples of good jokes that you should make while you are online.

OMTL

First, this topic was not my idea. But @PopTart0219 left and people are using outdated OMTLs. I believe I got an updated version.

GUIDELINES:

Do not overuse - Use it once per subject, and only use it in general topics for new projects.(only once a month for gen topics)

Use it in the post you want people to see - Nobody likes scrolling. Well, some people do.

Only use it for things you can contribute to - Something something don't tag for smol potatoes.

Put it in a details folder - Put an empty line before the details folder.

Keep the count going - Increase the count when you add yourself, decrease it when you remove yourself.

Don't tamper with the list - It's annoying when someone messes it up.

Keep the list in alphabetical order - This is a semi new tradition, making it easier to remove yourself.

I missed a lot of guidelines, I think, so please put in any you can remember.

HOW TO USE

Quote this, select all and cut.
Open a text editor and paste. Remove [/quote] and everything above the list. Select all, cut and paste on your topic.

Alternatively, quote this, select all and remove [/quote] and everything above the list. Select all, cut and paste on your topic.

If you are using a computer, you can quote and select just the list (click on one end of the list, and shift+click the other end), cut and paste on your topic.

OMTL

List (120 Tags)
@BB-Box
@A.K_Studios46
@Allyb
@Artistic_cat
@ArtyAnimal
@AvocadoDont
@Awesome_giraffe
@AwesomeNachos
@BaconStudios
@BerryFOX
@BlastFusion
@braybraylovesmonkeys
@BubblegumCupcakeMix
@ButterBark
@celine
@ChocolateFox
@CodePerfect
@codingkit
@ColorlessCanvas
@ColourfulBlack
@ConnellCoder
@CreationsOfaNoob
@cupcakemaniac1
@Cutedolphin
@DatKawaiiPillow
@DECODECO
@DiamondDragon
@diss_track_queen
@DMF
@DragonMc
@Dylan329
@EmojiArts
@EmojisRUs
@Explorer_
@ExquisiteSoup
@FascinatingTreehouse
@FCD
@FearlessPhoenix
@FluffyMarshmellow
@FreshGuppy
@FunkyGoldfish
@GiraffeProductions
@GLaDOS_On_Da_Forum
@Gobli09
@Goobrgrlrye
@gryphonroadblocks
@happy12345678910
@HappyPerson
@Himynameismeredith1
@Hitokage
@Houseelf87
@HRR1213
@IKeudin
@ILoveFashion12
@Jess888
@Jojo
@JonnyGamer
@KawaiiHotDog
@KawaiiOaktree3
@Kayro
@kenlauescuadro
@KiraForPrez
@KoolM123
@Kosho
@kubajr
@KVJ
@LavenderArts
@LegendOfFriday
@Mei-The-Riolu
@Milkypup
@Mothwolf
@Mr.rex
@NeoPixel
@Petrichor
@Paige1212
@Paydent12
@PerfectPanda24
@Periwinkle_Dolphin
@PianoGorilla2006
@PIANOMAN
@Pink_Roses
@Potter_Head
@PumpkinGirl
@Puppylulu
@PurpleStorybook
@Rainboom
@Rider
@RubyStars
@RubyWolf1
@ScarySweetheart
@Sensei_Coder
@shamrockcat
@Silverdolphin
@Skyarmygenral
@SnowGirl_Studios
@sophia71205
@StarKid
@StarryDream
@Steelhooves
@StRiKe_Charler123
@Strongerthanyou
@Sugarisyummy
@Sweater
@TACOCODE
@TheDrawer
@TheMasterOfAirjitzu
@treefrogstudios
@TrevCoding
@UnderagedCoder1
@Valgo
@ValueGamesStudio
@Vortex.inc
@W-Healer
@waddlemarco
@weathercats
@WhiteFeathers
@William04GamerA
@Work_kids_coding
@Yellow_Mellow
@YuxinaYammy
@Zachyswag
Get the latest list here: http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/omtl-topic-two-official-mass-tag-list-topic-two/35013

Reads the whole topic and laughs at self.

I love the sarcasm here.

This is a good topic for sarcasm !

Thank you for the last para! People need to know this

hey guys there's this dude making annoying topics about jokes and his name is jojo
Hahahaha it's just a joke dude
-_-

I love your joke tho

lol boi you're everywhere today

you are too lol
i like it when you say boi

XD thanks I like to say boi

wow this conversation was actually on topic how
well it was

let's move this to my general topic

ok
don't flag we're going to GBOT

So... you don't like my topics? Your criticism is allowed, of course, although I'd very much appreciate it if you express it in a kinder and clearer manner.

Were you being sarcastic when you said you love my joke? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As per your request, I won't flag these, although I'd very much appreciate it if you don't have these conversations on my topics in future.

no, currency's joke k

ok we're sorry
we were all over the place that day
we were off track
sorry (i won't call you dude k in courtesy of your other account)