Glitchy key pad and project access

Help! I need to fix glitches in my game, but they keyboard is way off in timing, when I click on the draft it takes it 2 minutes to open, when I click on an object my phone freezes up before the code is opened. I am working extremely hard on this game and it's my biggest project so far. I don't want to loose my work :confused:. Does anyone know how to fix this? @system maybe.

Ps this only happens on one of my projects

I'm not really sure
Sometimes the keyboard is really slow for me too
But I still don't really know

(Also, @system won't help you. He's too evil :wink:)

I don't know why, this seems like a strange bug. Hopscotch is being updated soon and maybe the next update will fix it?

Oh no! The most important thing so to make a copy of your draft. You can also publish a copy as a draft and then release the project in version. We do this with Hopscotch :slight_smile:

Are you using FancyKey or another keyboard that you've downloaded?

I don't know what fancy key is and I've made a copy of my draft.

@SummarianStudios @Liza

but they keyboard is way off in timing, when I click on the draft it takes it 2 minutes to open, when I click on an object my phone freezes up before the code is opened

This sounds like the "file size bug". It causes severe editor lag & causes projects to take a while to load.

SummarianStudios, publish the project and give me a link. I made a program that cleans up the project's json data. I'm happy to have a look to confirm that's the issue and fix it.

Wow thank you so much! You are already in the credits for fixing the background (maybe you remember that), I'll have to put you in a second time I guess :joy:, here is the link:

I unpublished it after I copied the link

Oh, yes indeed, you're definitely having problem with the "file size bug". You must have been very patient to get this far :innocent:

---before cleaning---
- File size: 4.472MB
- traits: 1715
- eventParameters: 17419

---after cleaning---
+ File size: 175KB
+ traits: 84
+ eventParameters: 38

Link to draft project: https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/yt7r37thr

• Let me know when you have a copy so I can delete it
  • Please confirm if this has fixed the problems you posted about
P.S. No need for credit

That is super awesome @ThinBuffalo, but how do I get a copy? When I find it in my drafts, it gets glitchy again. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Sorry for all the trouble.

@SummarianStudios
Open the project from the link above and save a copy to your drafts (some projects may require you to publish & unpublish the project to get a new draft copy)

I did so. It works well and it's faster, but there is still lag.

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/yt9mgg4y8

A tip I use is to publish the project then work from the published project, slowly.