Give seed block

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is: give seed block

I’d use it for this type of project: a comp with seeds, a thank you project, a game where you could get seeds, and stuff like that

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this: it would be easier to give seeds in comps and in games there could be a bigger reward system

Here is an example design I’ve made:

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this: idk

So maybe if another user got seeds the person who created the project would lose seeds so this wouldn’t be sabotaged and hopscotch won’t lose money. And if you created the project and you played it maybe it could pop up a message similar to the request seed block that says “this is just for debugging purposes, you will not lose or gain any seeds” and maybe if the creator ran out of seeds there could be a pop up “sorry but the creator has run out of seeds, please come back later”

8 Likes

hey, currently you can add Request Seed Block to someone else’s project and give seeds like that.

And one problem: everyone who play the project will win seeds lol. It’ll be better if it’s formulated like that:

Give (n) Seeds to (Hopscotcher)
6 Likes

so like a kind of giveaway? not a bad idea, but I think it’s already possible to do this like nth3r has already mentioned up above

you could do like a check once if statement if username = nth3r give 50 seeds to nth3r.

personally, i don’t think its a good idea, because if a person accidentally created a project that gives 50 seeds everytime a person played it, it could be misused.

maybe you have some elaboration on how this could be used.

5 Likes

the advantage to have “give to Username” inside the block is to prevent from accidental giving. You can still use it to give to everyone by requesting an input or by putting the var “Username” inside it

6 Likes

good point, maybe then some mistakes could be prevented, but if you can already do this, then i don’t see what the point is. unless the person you are giving to doesn’t have access to the seed block.

also, why can’t you just give plants instead? i mean, i know they don’t have any monetary value, but if you are giving to a person who doesn’t have the seed block, then plants are the alternative, right?

5 Likes

you can’t use mushy to plant other people’s project
and i think this is intended, so ppl would pay for seeds and THT would earn money

so now i think we don’t rly need this block

6 Likes

interesting idea, but where do the seeds being given away come from?

7 Likes

probably from self?

6 Likes

what would happen if the person has no seeds?

6 Likes

no seeds are given lol

7 Likes

Alert: This person currently doesn’t have enough seeds to give you any :(

That might get abused for trolling purposes, but otherwise, good idea!

7 Likes

You could just put it inside an if username=nth3r

6 Likes
7 Likes

hello this is tech support, you are speaking to george washington, how may i help you?

5 Likes

I like this idea!

The only thing that is a bit of a problem is if someone were to spam enter and re-enter the project and completely drain all the creators seeds away. There could be a way to stop this, but people would probably just find loopholes, and some people might unknowingly be giving away more seeds than they would want.

Oh also, if someone made a project with this block in it, I feel like it should be locked (like how seed dev games are locked) because someone could easily go in the code and edit the block so it gives more seeds than originally set

6 Likes

it could work like the Request Seed Block, with only one giveaway per user

yep, or the block could be locked itself

6 Likes

True, I didn’t think of that

But idk, it seems like a lot of people would abuse this feature if it was added (like creating alt accounts to get more seeds)

6 Likes

oh true

6 Likes

Maybe we could make it so theirs a drop down or something like that and you could search for a user to give it to or set it to “pick random” or “whoever’s playing the project”

2 Likes

Seed developers can already transfer seeds, if anyone would like me to transfer seeds just tag me.

3 Likes