Getting Interesting Symbols

Symbols!

Do you want that one super cool symbol for your project, but can't or aren't allowed to get symbol apps? Then look no further!

First you need to know how to copy and paste. That's it.

Here's a bunch of symbols you can copy and paste into your project. Even better, most of them you can change the color of using a Set Text block.

✿ ⚛ ⌨ ✆ ⌘ ⌥ ⇧ ✞ ✡ ← → ↑ ↓ ➫ ☜ ☞ ☟ ✍ ✎ ☮ ✔ ★ ☆ ♺ ⚑ ⚐ ✄ ⌲ :heart: ♀ ♂ ❑ ❒ ◈ ◐ ◑ ✖ ∞ ⁂ ※ ± × ≈ ÷ ≠ π † ‡ ¥ € $ ¢ £ ß © ® @ ™ ° ‰ … · • ● ☂ ☼ ⌁ ☇ ☈ ❅ ❆ ☃ ☉ ☄ ★ ☆ ☽ ☾⌂ ✆ ☏ ✓ ✔ ✖ ✗ ✘ ☒ ✕ ☓ ☚ ☛ ☜ ☞ ☟ :frowning: :slightly_smiling: ☯ ⚘ ☮ ⚰ ⚱ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⎈ ⚒ ⚑ ⚐ ☡ ❂ ⚕ ⚖ ⚗ ✇ ☣ ⚙ ☤ ⚚ ⚜ ☥ ✝ ☦ ☧ ☨ ☩ † ☪ ☫ ☬ ☭ ✁ ✃ ✄ ✍ ✎ ✐  ✑ ✒ ✙ ✚ ✜ ✛ ♰ ♱ ✞ ✟ ✠ ✡ ☸ ✢ ✣ ✤ ✥ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✪ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✯ ✰ ✲ ✱ ✵ ✶ ✷ ✸ ✹ ✺ ✻ ✼ ✽ ✾ ❀ ❁ ❃ ❈ ❉ ❊ ❋ ⁕ ☘ ❦ ❧ ☙ ❢ ❣ ⚯ ♛ ♕ ♚ ♔ ♜ ♖ ♝ ♗ ♞ ♘ ♟ ♙ ☗ ☖ ♠ ♣ ❥ :heart: ♢ ♤ ♧ ⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚃ ⚄ ⚅ ⚇ ⚆ ⚈ ⚉ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ ⌨ ⏏ ⌥ ⌘ ⌦ ⌫ ⌧ ♲ ♳ ♴ ♵ ♶ ♷ ♸ ♹ ♺ ♼ ♽ ⁌ ⁍⌇ ⌲ ⍝ ⍟ ⍣ ⍤ ⍥ ⍨ ⍩ ⎋ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇

Sorry this was long, but I hope I helped!

EDIT: Sometimes some of them appear as blocks because it is not supported for the font. I think all of them are okay for Hopscotch, though!

This is great @CreativeCoder! Here are a few more symbols that you might find useful:

box █- great for square objects
circle ● - useful for coding objects like balls for example

And you can add these to your iPad Keyboard Shortcuts if you wish, so you don't have to keep copying and pasting them (there's a post here on adding keyboard shortcuts if you're not sure) :smiley:

Thanks!

I can't believe I forgot the box and the circle! There's so many I just did some of them.

There are more at this website, if you want to check it out. The only thing is some of them get replaced with Emojis if you have it.

Also, great idea for the iPad Shortcuts! The only custom one I have is changing "^2" with "²"

No problem! I just thought they'd be helpful. A few others I find useful are:

Degrees ° - when you're explaining rotation
Square roots √ - when you're talking about calculator functions

Thanks for sharing the great website! There's another one here which lets you search Unicode characters up :smiley:

Or you could just get Kana. This is a tutorial on how to get Kana fonts and symbols on iPads without getting an app.