Get Your Art In iPad (Better Name Pending)!

Hello and welcome to this topic! I’m hosting an art contest for my project, iPad (better name pending, please suggest better names, I need a better name), inspired by FRENCH_WAVE123’s Get Your Art In Soar Competition! I hopefully will not lose interest this time, and I have no idea when it’ll be finished and ready to publish. Hopefully in March or April. But don’t quote me on that. Also, if you have suggestions, tag me on the yachytaco, I’d definitely like to hear them!

Anyways, on to the actual challenge:

Draw a wallpaper!

You know how iPads have images in the background, behind the apps? That’s the wallpaper, and I’d like Hopscotchers to draw a wallpaper for my iPad project. You can draw anything you want as long as it’s not inappropriate (and preferably, not too busy)! if you need ideas, try looking in the wallpaper presets in the Settings app on your device.

The top 3 to 6 entries (I haven’t decided yet, since I haven’t coded the UI for selecting wallpapers yet) will get their wallpaper in my project!

Deadline: 2021-02-14T05:00:00Z

Requirements - Very Important

• Wallpaper must be a rectangle that is 826x708 in size (or larger, but equal to that size — ie, instead of 826x708, the image can be 1652x1416)

• Wallpaper must not be transparent in any places

• Wallpaper cannot be taken off the internet and must be drawn by you (however, you’re allowed to use images from the internet as reference images — no tracing, though)

• Wallpaper should be drawn digitally — however, if you absolutely cannot draw it digitally, you can draw your entry on paper if you get a non-crooked photo in good lighting

• If you do put a signature on your art, please put it in the bottom left corner and don’t make it super big

• Please put your entry in a portfolio in the DHT and then link the portfolio

Prizes

The top 3 to 6 entries (I haven’t decided yet, since I haven’t coded the UI for selecting wallpapers yet) will get their wallpaper in my iPad project. I’ll credit all the artists, of course.

1st Place
Small Polyart Request
Spamlikes
15 Plants

2nd Place
Spamlikes
10 Plants

3rd Place
Spamlikes
5 Plants

Judging

I’m going to create a judging rubric. I am probably going to judge on my own instead of asking others to help judge. However, if I do ask others to help judge, I’ll probably ask some of my beta testers who are not participating. When I decide on what I’m going to do for judging, I’ll post an announcement in this topic.

Will you be entering?
  • Yes!
  • Maybe
  • No thanks

0 voters

@omtl

22 Likes

First post and also cool !

8 Likes

I look forward to it!
When can we submit? :))

9 Likes

Same !! When, because I’m already on it !

6 Likes

Can we submit multiple entries?

6 Likes

hmm I shall submit a nothing wallpaper

8 Likes

I’d love to submit! Any particular theme you’re going for?

6 Likes

Sounds sic. I’d love to participate but I may not have enough time.

Regardless, look forward to seeing everyone’s wallpapers :))

7 Likes

I’m definitely doing this for 2 reasons

1. Your an awesome person
  2. 15 or 10 or even 5 plants that’s crazy good
4 Likes

I’ll be doing this ting too! And you won’t be dissapointed :smiley:

3 Likes

Also pls tag for updates :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think you’re looking for in ratio to that size

iPad’16
tank pad

depends on it’s main features, what are they going to be?

6 Likes

@Kaila808 @Temm you can submit your entry whenever! I didn’t actually make a start date, so I guess the contest started when I posted the topic.

@CB_Studios good question. I’ll think about it and get back to you later :))

@Here1Am nope, there’s no particular theme I’m going for, so you can draw whatever you want as long as it isn’t inappropriate — however, I’d prefer if the wallpaper wasn’t too busy.

@Nobody yeah that’s what I meant lol, wasn’t sure how to put it. Also wdym by main features?

11 Likes

like what is the focus/purpose of the iPad, if any? is it focused towards drawing, coding, learning etc.?

5 Likes

Maybe it’s more about a personal challenge tankt would like to do, for learning experience and getting out of their comfort zone?

4 Likes

Idk, I was just making it as a fun lil project. It’ll have most of the typical apps a real iPad would have — photos (but probably no camera because tried to do that in 2019 but it didn’t work), settings, App Store, calendar, stopwatch, text, etc. But the main focus will be on minigames, probably. Flappy bird, geometry dash, truth or dare, pocket cat, etc. I’ll also focus heavily on making the graphics good. I’ll probably use a lot of images just so I don’t have to do a lot of shape art. But this project is a good opportunity to improve my gamemaking skills too.

7 Likes

Yes, I would like to join.

What about ToastPad?

6 Likes

That might actually work pretty well lol, thanks for the idea!

8 Likes

I made my entry! Since I can’t upload images here’s a link (remove the space)

3 Likes

Woah, that’s

3 Likes